Issue with connexion module

10 months 3 weeks ago #334112 by sereniteam
Issue with connexion module was created by sereniteam
Hi, i think i found a bug related to the multifactor authentication and the CB system plugin (if i disable the plugin the system behaves like it should). I've tested and confirmed this on two website. The original one with the problem. And a clean J4 install with CB on it. 

If you need any more information just let me know. 

Kind regards,
Tom

System information
Joomla 4.3.2
Community Builder 2.8.0+build.2023.05.26.14.42.43.3634ccdb3
PHP 8.1.19
MariaDB 10.4.28

Steps to reproduce
1. Setup Multifactor Authentication for your user
2. Install CB
3. Login through front-end with Multifactor Authentication enabled.
4. Try to logout when you see the captive login screen (red button Logout)

Expected behaviour
returned to homepage with logout message on screen.

Actual behaviour
page just reloads. 

Url where problem exists
example.com/index.php?option=com_users&view=captive&Itemid=101

SereniTeam

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 months 3 weeks ago #334114 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Issue with connexion module
CB doesn't control the redirect behavior of the MFA plugin. Unpublish CBs system plugin in Extensions > Plugins then retry using Joomla's login module and see if the issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 months 3 weeks ago #334115 by sereniteam
Replied by sereniteam on topic Issue with connexion module
HI Krileon,

I am not talking about the redirect behavior. I'm talking about the user.logout task url behavior that is being changed by the CB system plugin.

The problem is gone when i disable the CB system plugin (I already mentioned that in my original post).

It's not related to what module is used because it happens after you have left the module and click on a button at the captive login page.

The link on that button uses the com_users task user.logout. Something CB system plugin is triggered by. 

The url that doesn't seem to work anymore when cb plugin is active is this one: example.com/index.php?option=com_users&task=user.logout&***TOKEN***=1&Itemid=101

SereniTeam

10 months 3 weeks ago #334116 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Issue with connexion module
Ok, sounds like the MFA plugin won't allow access to anywhere other than Joomla's user component then. Will need to change the backdoor protection in our system plugin to try and allow for access to the user component during MFA. Have created a bug ticket for further investigation.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9188

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 months 3 weeks ago #334117 by sereniteam
Perfect thanks 👍

SereniTeam

10 months 6 days ago #334278 by sereniteam
Hi Krileon

We haven't heard from you regarding our problem with the authentication module. Do you have a solution and when do you think you'll be able to fix it?

SereniTeam

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn