CB Privacy issue

9 months 3 weeks ago #334348 by activha
CB Privacy issue was created by activha
Hello
I am stuck on an issue with CB Privacy display for rules.
For a reason that I cannot find there is no choice for "users" in the display box. I have changed languages, checked the language files and every thing seems fine.
This happens on the production website and not on the dev website which has been set some 6 months ago.

Do you have an idea how to debug this ?
Can I safely delete the cb privacy plugin folder and maybe reinstall the plugin ? or uninstall/reinstall it ? would it remove the table with privacy data for users ?

Thanks for your help 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 months 3 weeks ago #334351 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Privacy issue
It's only available if profiles are publicly available otherwise Public just acts as Users. This is based off the "Profile View Access Level" setting in CB > Configuration > User Profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 months 3 weeks ago #334354 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Privacy issue

otherwise Public just acts as Users.

Well this is not very clear for users as the privacy settings show only Public or Private, there is no Users proposed.
Also it seems like the gallery_privacy post sent is 0 and not 2, so it's public not users. This means that if my profile are users by default, I cannot have media items uploaded for users, only for public or connections
Are you sure it's the intended purpose ?? 

9 months 3 weeks ago #334355 by krileon
That's working exactly as it's supposed to. If profiles aren't accessible to the public it doesn't propose the Users privacy rule because it works the same as Public since profiles already have limited access. Use language overrides to rename Public if you want to in this case.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 months 3 weeks ago #334356 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Privacy issue
Sorry but I don't agree
As privacy rules apply to all assets and not only to profiles, we can have private profiles and also private or public gallery items.
In this case renaming the language to Public would not do anything as the gallery_privacy which is sent would always been 0 for public as Users is not an option when uploading a gallery item.

As assets are now independent of profile, it would be needed to be able to access Users privacy everywhere

9 months 3 weeks ago #334357 by krileon
CB Privacy was designed for and intended for profiles only. So it's working as is intended and as is designed. Whether that fits within the wider scope of use cases for it is an entirely different matter. Will see about detecting if the privacy rule is for profiles or not and then turn off that check based off that.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9218

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.103 seconds