[SOLVED] Using Mailer to send payment instructions on renewals

9 months 2 weeks ago - 9 months 2 weeks ago #334411 by AlexRag
I am using the amazing Mailer feature in CB to send out an email to new signups that choose the offline payment option where an email is sent to them with more details payment instructions.   It works like a charm as I am using the condition as follows:

Existing subscriptions
Any of the following plans subscriptions:  None is needed

Dates / CB Files Comparison
Date A. Field A or Value A:  Constant Value or String (CB Substations can be used)
Value A:  [PAYMENT_GATEWAY_ID]
Date B. Field B or Value B:  Constant Value or String (CB Substations can be used)
Value B:  1
Condition 1 (>for Dates):  A - B ( Value A is equal to Value B )

What I would also like to do is be able to send this to people that renew not just signups.

Question: Does the above condition trigger an email sent if it's a renewal (existing member whether expired or not)?   If not what other condition do I need to add so that people who choose offline also get an email with the payment instructions?

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 months 2 weeks ago #334415 by krileon
Your condition is just checking the gateway so yes that'd work if the renewed with offline gateway. Your other mailer settings would be what would potentially make it not work. What are the settings in the "Main Mailer Triggering Conditions" section under the Basic tab? As that's what primarily triggers adding someone to a mailer queue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 months 2 weeks ago #334418 by AlexRag
Here is what I have set in "Main Mailer Triggering Conditions"

From the Mailer logs, it doesn't look like renewing members got an email.   Though I would also need to double-check the cronjob is working since the last time I tested it.

If this needs to be adjusted for the "renewal" scenario sounds like I may need to make a duplicate trigger.

Attachments:

9 months 2 weeks ago #334422 by krileon
I believe that should be working even for renewals since it's just checking last basket state. Try making a renewal then checking CBSubs > Baskets to verify its status is pending. The main issue I see is that you're only allowing this to trigger if the date you ran the mailer is exactly the date they renewed. So you'd have to run this daily and hope it catches everything. You may need to adjust "But do not send message if it's later than" to allow some overage I think.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 months 2 weeks ago #334423 by AlexRag
Thanks.  You are right.  Even if the cron runs daily and has already run and someone renews that day would have missed the trigger.  I will check to see if the cron was set to daily ( I set it quite a while ago)

I have changed to 2 days after which should hopefully catch all conditions.

Speaking of Mailer,  I take it I can also use this tool to send out renewal reminders for something like 1 week before and 24 hours before the expiry date.
If so, is there a tutorial anywhere to walk me through the steps to cover everything?    I can see there are conditions related to renewal dates to look at as well as the "Main Mailer Triggering Conditions.    (I'm happy to start this as a new post if its better for someone else looking to so the same.)

9 months 2 weeks ago #334424 by krileon

Speaking of Mailer,  I take it I can also use this tool to send out renewal reminders for something like 1 week before and 24 hours before the expiry date.

Absolutely.

If so, is there a tutorial anywhere to walk me through the steps to cover everything?    I can see there are conditions related to renewal dates to look at as well as the "Main Mailer Triggering Conditions.    (I'm happy to start this as a new post if its better for someone else looking to so the same.)

The below should work.

Automatically send message starting at: 1 week before
Relative to this date: Subscription's Expiry Date
But do not send message if it's later than: 1 day after

That should be all you need to do. Add whatever other conditions you'd like. For example adjust "To which plans this date condition applies" if you want it to apply to a specific plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn