Change max size of a column

7 months 3 weeks ago - 7 months 3 weeks ago #334962 by agaudin
Change max size of a column was created by agaudin
Hello

I am using CBsubs for a congress registration, with sometimes A LOT of plans taken at the same time by a user (conferences, meals options, and so on).
I met an error when registering : "1406 - Data too long for column 'item_number' at row 1.
After a while I understood that the list of plans is too long for the 'item_number' in three tables
- item_number in _cbsubs_payment_baskets
- item_number in _cbsubs_payments
- item_number in _cbsubs_notifications

Thi column is a varchar of maxsize 255. In phpmyadmin I changed manually the maxsize to 1000 and it fixed it.
I don't think this is a problembut I prefer to have your opinion : do you see a flag ??

Best regards
Antoine

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 months 3 weeks ago #334965 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Change max size of a column
item_number is the invoice number. I'm guessing you've a very long invoice number format configured in CB > Configuration > Invoices. Specifically the "Invoice number format" and "Proforma Invoice number format" parameters. It shouldn't be so long that it's exceeding 255 characters. My guess is you're substituting in something that's drastically increasing its length. For reference the defaults for both parameters are as follows.

Proforma Invoice number forma: PR-[PREFIX_TEXT][GROWING_ID]
Invoice number format: [PREFIX_TEXT][NUMBER]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 months 3 weeks ago #334975 by agaudin
Replied by agaudin on topic Change max size of a column
Thanks for your quick answer.But I'm not sure to follow you :- Here is me setting (CBSubs / Configuration / Display/ Invoices) :  

Here is what is stored in database  :

As you can see, the item_number contains a long list of artnum taken by the user.

Where am I wrong ?

Furthermore, can you confirm that the fact that I changed the maxsize of item_nuber column is not a big deal ?

Thanks a lot by advance !
Best regards !

Antoine
Attachments:

7 months 3 weeks ago #334977 by krileon
That item_number doesn't look correct. It shouldn't be a list of item numbers.

Furthermore, can you confirm that the fact that I changed the maxsize of item_nuber column is not a big deal ?

It's not a big deal, but it'd be ideal to find out why it's doing that. Is that the only row that's invalid like that? What table specifically is that in?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 months 3 weeks ago #334979 by agaudin
Replied by agaudin on topic Change max size of a column

That item_number doesn't look correct. It shouldn't be a list of item numbers.

There may be something misconigurated, but I have no idea what or where. Does it come from my [INVOICENUMBER] set in CBSubs invoice configuration ? (see image in my second post)

Is that the only row that's invalid like that? What table specifically is that in?

this lont 'item_number' is exactly the same in three tables (and it seems logical)
- item_number in _cbsubs_payment_baskets
- item_number in _cbsubs_payments
- item_number in _cbsubs_notifications

Best regards
Antoine

7 months 3 weeks ago #334981 by krileon
It's configured with the parameters explained in my previous reply. Your item_number doesn't even match that though. Do you have any auto actions acting on CBSubs triggers as maybe something you've configured is breaking the invoice number? Is this happening for all purchases and impacts all rows in those tables or is this an isolated issue where 1 or 2 rows are broken like that?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn