[SOLVED] 0 Cannot use object of type stdClass as array.

4 weeks 1 day ago - 3 weeks 5 days ago #337680 by AlexRag
I am nor sure if there some king of connection with an issue I am having with Kunena during my migration from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4.   

I am just  trying to source ou the meaning of the error message "0 Cannot use object of type stdClass as array'

When not logged in I only see bits of the bulletin board, but once logged in only see the above message.

I realize this is not likely a CB issue but would love to know if you've seen this error or perhaps help point me to what it could be.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 weeks 9 hours ago #337686 by krileon
You have to uninstall Kunena before migrating to Joomla 4. Then install Kunena again once on Joomla 4. Kunena isn't compatible with 3 and 4 at the same time like CB is. Kunena will detect your database on re-install though and deal with migration. That's what we had to do anyway during our internal migration for Joomlapolis.

I've no idea whether your error is from Kunena or CB or not though. You'd have to provide the full callstack for the error that shows what file it occurred in.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 weeks 24 minutes ago #337692 by AlexRag
Thanks, I uninstalled and then reinstalled it but saw errors like "Specified key is too long; Max key length is 1000 bytes" during the reinstall.   The table conversion appears to have failed.    I have a post on Kunena's forum as well but thought I'd check here just in case there was other insight.

Attachments:

3 weeks 6 days ago #337693 by AlexRag
Update:  Just learned that the stdClass is an issue with Kunena 6.25 and they've suggested installing 6.24 instead (regression)

The "Specified key is too long; Max key length is 1000 bytes" still exists though.

3 weeks 6 days ago #337699 by krileon
You'll have to figure that out with Kunena. We're not Kunena's developer. That error though usually means a database table index is too long.

It being limited to 1000 bytes though is strange as that's really low and far below MySQL innodb defaults (which is 3072 bytes). Suggest contacting your host and having them fix that. Might just be a matter of fixing your table collations since you're coming from Joomla 3 you'll probably have to. Can generally do this from phpmyadmin under the Operations tab using the below.

Table options
Collation: utf8mb4_unicode_ci
Change all column collations: CHECKED

Maybe your database tables are still set to MyISAM and not Innodb? Can again fix that in phpmyadmin. Sorry, don't know what more to suggest as we're not Kunena's developer and you'll need to let them know.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 weeks 6 days ago #337709 by AlexRag
Thanks for the additional insight on the byte limit error.  I will have a closer look at the tables as you suggested.    To clarify all Joomla 4 tables need to be utf8mb4_unicode_ci collation?

Regarding the "stdClass as array: error,  there was a recent post about the issue.   Seems to need adding back code for their CB integration as indicated here:
www.kunena.org/forum/k-6-2-0-support/168385-cannot-use-object-of-type-stdclass-as-array?start=0#231095

Hopefully, they will add the fix in future updates.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn