[SOLVED] Integration with Kunena forum

14 years 9 months ago #106329 by butlins12
[SOLVED] Integration with Kunena forum was created by butlins12
Hopefully, a simple question to answer. I'm looking to develop an 'online conference' for a charity organisation - this will, essentially, mean paid-for access to a single forum category and all the child sub-categories in Kunena (the category will be the conference - eg Conference 2009 - and the sub categories, the individual documentation and discussions for the various 'seminars').

Is it possible to do this with CBSubs? I can see that it's possible to restrict access by section, category and article, but I wanted to check and make sure that this was equally the case for Kunena.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/09/25 19:03

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #106341 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Integration with Kunena forum
Yes, very doable. You use restriction by URL Part. I'm using this very method on my site in my signature. You simply provide a partial URL of the link to the category and it'll protect it.

Example: option=com_kunena&func=showcat&catid=13

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #108877 by vscribe
Replied by vscribe on topic Re:Integration with Kunena forum
What else needs to be done to make this work?

I have setup 2 - topics in Kunena, and gave permission for 1 topic to be seen by 1 plan only.

When I subscribe to that plan - Both Kunena topics are showing up.

I ONLY put this in the Content PROTECT URL field:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans&plans=7

It doesn't seem to matter if I check the COMPONENT to protect or not.

-- Thanks for any help -- I'm stuck...

14 years 8 months ago #108885 by vscribe
I have setup kunena

It has 2 forums (main and a second one)

Each Forum has two topics

Each topic has 1 post.

I need CB Subs to RESTRICT a topic by "plan"

So If I buy the "main" plan - I need it ONLY SHOW that.

What is happening is no matter what is bought all forums/topics/posts show.

I have restricted the TOPIC by protecting the URL.

I set the component (kunena) to be protected and left it alone as well.

Nothing makes any difference.

Can someone point me to a more complete set of directions on this? I have reviewed the cb docs and cb subs docs but neither seems to cover.

help!

Post edited by: vscribe, at: 2009/08/22 03:56

14 years 8 months ago #108922 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Integration with Kunena forum
vscribe wrote:

I ONLY put this in the Content PROTECT URL field:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans&plans=7

Pretty sure that documentation and online tooltip mention to start protected URL from option= part.

Plus you should find the kunena url you want to protect.

So just visit th forum area you want to protect and see the URL use and plae the corresponding part in the CBSubs URL protection box (like the example Kyle gave).

Post edited by: nant, at: 2009/08/22 12:07

14 years 8 months ago #108931 by vscribe
Correct - I added a second post - I think that I still was not clear.

I am following your's and his directions.

This is the EXACT url I am putting in the protect field.

option=com_kunena&Itemid=21&func=listcat&catid=6

However, the entire forum shows up.

Even if I direct a link straight to it, i can still navigate (and see) the other forum/topics/posts

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn