[SOLVED] I want to know if Subs is able to do this

14 years 8 months ago #109476 by TomColl
I want to have two sections to my website...the main website with two subscriptions levels A and B

A is free
B is paid and it will give you access to restricted content.

B has 3 subscription lengths
1 - 1 month
2 - 3 months
3 - 1 year

There will also be a virtuemart store on the site and if you have ANY membership, you automatically get signed up on virtuemart....

but if you buy the B-2 or B-3 memberships for the restricted content, you also get automatically put into a special groups in virtuemart that gets a % discount.

Can this be done by Subs?

I was thinking of doing it with AEC+JUGA+CB+VIRTUEMAT but if I can use SUBS that chain gets cuts down to 3 and no hacks to Virtuemart.

Post edited by: TomColl, at: 2009/08/27 20:55

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/09/07 03:05

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #109481 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:I want to know if Subs is able to do this
Yes this can be done with CBSubs, you are allowed to have free subscriptions and create plans for free users if you choose to do so. Content can be restricted by section, category, article, url, etc... The virtuemart integration plugin allows you to assign a user to a virtuemart group (which can be set to have a discount) on plan activation as well as remove from that group on deactivation (optional).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #109483 by TomColl
Replied by TomColl on topic Re:I want to know if Subs is able to do this
Thanks for your reply but I made a mistake in the posting ... i left out some of the functionality I want/need on my site. I just edited the post. ...

Also will it assign the register member to the virtuemart group automatically? or I will have to do it manually?

PS> I have notice searching the web that lots of people are looking for the same .. if Subs can do it is going to be a huge hit.

Post edited by: TomColl, at: 2009/08/27 21:12

Post edited by: TomColl, at: 2009/09/06 23:13

14 years 8 months ago #109538 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:I want to know if Subs is able to do this
Yes this can still be done by CBSubs, CBSubs will synchronize a user to VM. Everything is automatic, from synchronizing the user to changing their VM group.

As far as different durations for the same plan, you'll need to create multiple plans for this.

Plan A : Free
Plan B : Free
Plan B1 : Price for 1 month - exclusive no upgrade
Plan B2 : Price for 3 months - exclusive no upgrade
Plan B3 : Price for 1 year - exclusive no upgrade

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 7 months ago #110395 by TomColl
Thanks Kyle.

14 years 7 months ago #112341 by TomColl
Hello Kyle, I purchased CBSubs last week and today I started to set up the different plan levels as per your suggestion, but I was wondering if by making plan B free the users would be able to sign to that level and have access to all the "paid content" mean for the child B plans for free.

in other words why would you paid to join plan B1 when you can just join plan b and have all the access for free.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Post edited by: TomColl, at: 2009/09/26 16:08

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn