activation for free subscriptions before approval

13 years 4 months ago #151141 by serjo
Hi, I have been searching this forum but couldn't find a solution to my problem:
I have 3 different "free lifetime" subscription plans and set up CB to require admin approval and user email confirmation. The problem is that with free subscriptions the user gets an email (set up for that plan in cbsubs) that his account has been activated, although he did not even have to confirm his email address or be approved by an admin.
Is there a way to change this and only activate the plan AFTER it has been approved by the admin? I do not want an subscription plan to be activated unless the admin approves it.

using:
CB v2.0.x
CBsubs v 4.1.x
Joomla 3.3+

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #151180 by krileon
Please edit your plans and ensure you've set User Approval by Moderator: on the Workflows tab Yes, before payment (override CB). This would mean the user must be approved before their plan can be paid for (thus active). I Recommend doing the same for User Email Confirmation: if you wish to use email activation as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #151206 by serjo
this is exactly how I have set it up. however, because it's a free plan, the activation happens immediately, BEFORE it is being approved by the admin or confirmed by the user.
I need actions (SQL and emails) AFTER it has been approved by an admin. Can you please test this with a free lifetime subscription?

using:
CB v2.0.x
CBsubs v 4.1.x
Joomla 3.3+

13 years 4 months ago #151213 by krileon

this is exactly how I have set it up. however, because it's a free plan, the activation happens immediately, BEFORE it is being approved by the admin or confirmed by the user.

I see, please ensure you've configured Free Lifetime plans to create subscriptions within CBSubs > Settings > Global. This should prevent such an issue from happening and allow free lifetime plans to behave the same as any other plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #151221 by serjo
this also has been set to: "Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans: yes"
I have tried with "Require Admin Approval" and "Require Email Confirmation" both set to yes for the main CB and also overrides for the individual plans but it still sends an activation email straight away before any user or admin interaction. I'm using CB 1.3.1 and CBsubs 1.1.2

using:
CB v2.0.x
CBsubs v 4.1.x
Joomla 3.3+

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #151395 by krileon
Believe is working as intended as there is no payment process for free plans as is configured to "Yes, before payment (override CB)"; thus plan is becoming active immediately. In this scenario the user should receive their Email Confirmation email, but should not be informed they have been activated. Please check that the user is not just receiving the Pending email.

I need actions (SQL and emails) AFTER it has been approved by an admin

You could use the two incubator projects CB Queries and CB Emails which allow executing database queries and emails on various CB triggers such as after approval.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn