CB 1.4 jos_core_acl_aro not there, names gone

13 years 1 month ago #152956 by lmelnick
1. I had installed a new install of CB 1.3.1 on Joomla 1.6 with your plug ins for facebook, twitter, wall, blog, etc. I was having issues with names and password disappearing from the profiles each time they were edited and the profile header saying: Unnamed user Profile Page. I thought the plug ins may've been my problem, so I unpublished all the plug ins. The problem was still there. So I thought the issue must be with the version 1.3.1, so I now have uninstalled and re-installed CB 1.4RC. The issue is still there. You can see my public list: esd10.linktoaustin.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userslist&Itemid=503

I had chosen the firstname, lastname format, but that looks different from the user manager settings, so I changed the name format to single name to match the user manager format, but the table jos_comprofiler still has the names as firstname and lastname, and jos_core_acl_aro doesn't exist. Now when I click on the user name in the back end of the cb component, there is no name, email, username, password, just empty fields. If I try to resubmit the info, it gives me errors that the name and passwords are already in use, and if I save anyway, then next time I click in, they're all gone again. Is there a SQL code to fix this?

2. Also I am trying to get a Quick Message to work inside the profile with UddeIM 2.3 dev. I created a text field and used their code in the html, <p><a href="index.php?option=com_uddeim&amp;task=new&amp;recip=[user_id]">Send a Message</a></p>. The title of the field shows, Contact, but not the link.

3. More annoyingly, I get stuck in log in or log out. I get the message: Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please press "reload page" in your browser, and enable cookies in your browser. Please refresh/reload page before filling-in. I have reloaded several times, cleared cache, nothing works.

I would appreciate your help. Thank you, Lainey

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #152970 by beat

lmelnick wrote: ...
3. More annoyingly, I get stuck in log in or log out. I get the message: Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please press "reload page" in your browser, and enable cookies in your browser. Please refresh/reload page before filling-in. I have reloaded several times, cleared cache, nothing works.

I would appreciate your help. Thank you, Lainey

I am after this session bug which seems a problem in Joomla 1.6.

I would need following infos for the session expired issue:

- which time of day does that happen (in your local browser timezone) ?
- what is your local browser timezone ? (UTC+?)
- what is the timezone of your server location ? and its timezone setting ?
- what is the offset and offset_user setting in configuration.php ?

Can you also please comment those informations to:

#2283 : forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2283

(if there are private additional information you want to share, like website url and file/ftp access to try to debug you can also PM me)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

13 years 1 month ago #152989 by krileon

but the table jos_comprofiler still has the names as firstname and lastname

This would always be the case. CB uses such fields to generate the name fields and will always populate.

and jos_core_acl_aro doesn't exist

Of course it doesn't, this is Joomla 1.6. Such table is gone and was never created by CB. That's a Joomla 1.5 and previous database table used to control ACL.

Now when I click on the user name in the back end of the cb component, there is no name, email, username, password, just empty fields.

Did you create these users with CB 1.3.1 or CB 1.4? Official Joomla 1.6 support did not start until CB 1.4. CB 1.3.1 featured critical bugs that would cause users to lose information in Joomla 1.6. Please run CB tools to ensure your users are synchronized. Also please check that you're able to edit your users successfully within Joomla user manager.

2. Also I am trying to get a Quick Message to work inside the profile with UddeIM 2.3 dev. I created a text field and used their code in the html, <p><a href="index.php?option=com_uddeim&amp;task=new&amp;recip=[user_id]">Send a Message</a></p>. The title of the field shows, Contact, but not the link.

Please ensure you're putting the contents inside of a Delimiter field, text fields and such would simply delete the HTML.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #153037 by lmelnick

Did you create these users with CB 1.3.1 or CB 1.4? Official Joomla 1.6 support did not start until CB 1.4. CB 1.3.1 featured critical bugs that would cause users to lose information in Joomla 1.6. Please run CB tools to ensure your users are synchronized. Also please check that you're able to edit your users successfully within Joomla user manager.

I emptied the table jos_comprofiler in myPhPadmin and then went to tools in 1.4 and synched users. I confirmed that it has deleted all the previous data that I had input in 1.3.1, and is importing the info from user manager When I go to view the profiles, the names are still not there: Unnamed user Profile Page is the heading and unnamed user with no name showing up in the box, while the name does appear on the list:

esd10.linktoaustin.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userslist&Itemid=503

My links to send a message, pulls the correct user id. When I go to edit the profile everything is gone, like before no name, username or password.

Please ensure you're putting the contents inside of a Delimiter field, text fields and such would simply delete the HTML.

Thank you, exactly the problem.

--Lainey

13 years 1 month ago #153088 by lmelnick
UPDATE: I did a clean install in a new directory of Joomla and CB 1.4 and then Udde, and all of my problems in all of them are gone.

Do you know how I can do this without losing all my content created?

Thanks,

Lainey

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #153154 by krileon

UPDATE: I did a clean install in a new directory of Joomla and CB 1.4 and then Udde, and all of my problems in all of them are gone.

Sounds like issues with CB 1.3.1 previously being installed. I recommend freshly installing and using the new install instead.

Do you know how I can do this without losing all my content created?

I suggest moving over all your content to the fresh install (direct database export/import should be fine). Do not move CB content or users (unless manually re-created) as CB 1.3.1 likely messed up due to the many issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn