[SOLVED] conditional tab loads for long time and times out

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #155096 by Nijssen
i would like to show a conditional tab when the value of a field is YES. I create a field (rabio) with the values YES and NO. Then i create a tab with the condition of that field is equal to YES. What to do if = show

When refreshing the page the page loads for a long time and times out.

what do i do wrong ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #155102 by neilaj
I have the same problem and there is no fix except to increase the timeout value ...but who is going to wait that long. I have come to the conclusion that CB Conditionals is useless for now..the idea is great though. I've been trying all day with it all day and cant get it to work properly.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #155146 by krileon
What PHP release are you using? You may need to be running PHP 5.3 as PHP 5.2 has many memory leak bugs for CB Conditional to run in a stable manner. Nor is it a plugin to be used on a budget host. Please understand it checks ever field and every tab everytime they are called with API in order to ensure the conditional state. Will look deeper into this issue and see if I can optimize it any further however. Please also provide what tab you'd trying to make conditional such as if it's just a tab created in tab management or a tab from a plugin. Please also ensure you're using 1.0.4.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #155153 by neilaj
I have a registration form with a membertype field with only 2 choices (A,B). If user selects membertype"A" the correct fields show up and the registration goes through normally, but if he selects "B" the correct field shows up and you go through the registration process normally, until you hit the register button. Then you just hang until you get the timeout error message. However, i do see the user in the backend, but the registrant only sees the error. This idea of CBConditionals is a genius one for CB and I am hoping it will work and make CB useful for me. Hoping... ( I dont know why user B turned into smiley)

13 years 1 month ago #155154 by krileon

neilaj wrote: I have a registration form with a membertype field with only 2 choices (A,B). If user selects membertype"A" the correct fields show up and the registration goes through normally, but if he selects "B" the correct field shows up and you go through the registration process normally, until you hit the register button. Then you just hang until you get the timeout error message. However, i do see the user in the backend, but the registrant only sees the error. This idea of CBConditionals is a genius one for CB and I am hoping it will work and make CB useful for me. Hoping... ( I dont know why user B turned into smiley)

Please upgrade from 5.2 if your host will allow it and confirm if resolved. I believe this is likely a memory leak issue with PHP 5.2. Am changing some functions, which appear more stable in hopes this will resolve any further issues, but I recommend still upgrading to 5.3 if possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #155157 by krileon
Believe I've found the issue; one of you having the problem please PM backend login credentials and will attempt to test a fixed (next release) version and confirm if working. I can not duplicate locally so I can not compare my changes to the issue. If resolved with this version will promptly push to incubator. :)

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: neilaj, Nijssen

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn