[#2516] New users always require admin approval

12 years 11 months ago #162765 by itstaff
Replied by itstaff on topic Re: New users always require admin approval
Hi,

Just to clarify everything so far I am now using the CB Login Module. I have changed the 'Login Field Type' in CB Configuration->General to Username, email or enabled CMS authentication plugins. I have changed the Require 'Admin Approval' and Require 'Email Confirmation' options in CB Configuration->Registration both to No.

Im not exactly sure how the registration process works but with some testing I noticed that the following occurs.

If a new AD user logs in for the first time using the CB Login Module their Joomla & CB accounts are created. If I check the user account in the CB User Management Tab their account exists but both confirmed and approved is still pending.

At this stage if I look in the Joomla Database a record does not exsist in the comprofiler table with the new users user_id. I assume that in the comprofiler table the confirmed and approved keys are where CB recognises whether their account is confirmed and approved and if the new user does not have an existing record in the comprofiler table yet, CB will not recognise whether their account is confirmed and approved?

If I run Synchronise Users from the CB Tools all the new users that are pending confirmation and approval will have their record created in the database comprofiler table and will then automatically show as confirmed and approved in the CB User Management.

I'm not sure what help this will be, but is this a bug or is it possibly user configuration error or am I trying to do something CB cannot do? If its a bug is there somewhere I can report it as I desperately need auto approval and auto confirmation to work. :)

Thankyou

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #162950 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: New users always require admin approval
Seams would be some sort of bug. Have made a bug ticket to investigate further. At this time we've no test platform for LDAP usage and would need to prepare a means to test its usage.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2516

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #191935 by crony
I think this problem may occurs again with J! 2.5.1 and CB 1.8.
I have just setup my ldap plugin yesterday, fully functionnal with J! login module, but got unapproved and unconfirmed automaticaly users created, even using CB login.

Thanks !

I think of maybe using "CB auto action" to force approved and confirm options, based on domain as a workaround, but I guess it's not a clean way of doing...

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

12 years 2 months ago #191988 by krileon
Did this previously work on another install or with CB 1.7.1? We've no way to test the implementation. If you could please setup a test site and provide us with an LDAP login as well as FTP access would be glad to investigate and fix if necessary LDAP login issues.

Yes, using CB Auto Actions could be a possible solution using the after login trigger.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #192001 by crony
I've never done that with 1.7 series, so I really can't tell.
I'm sending you a test account and a ldap test user.
Thanks !

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #192311 by krileon
Thank you crony for supplying the needed credentials and test server. Was able to investigate and resolve the issue. I've also created the below bug ticket with patch and pre-patched CB 1.8 file.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3303

The test server provided is already pre-patched crony if you'd like to give it some testing as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: crony

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.341 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn