[SOLVED] Can not view captcha

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #163761 by Taboga
[SOLVED] Can not view captcha was created by Taboga
I found a thread: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/advsearch?q=viewing+captcha&exactname=1&childforums=1
Nant's response was:something about moving the config file (which I did not do) and then something about the last image uploaded.
Did you mean photo images? I ftp'ed about 50 of them.
If you mean captcha images, I don't even know where to begin looking for those????

There were only 9 threads on this and I need some help please?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #163808 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Can not view captcha
Could you please provide a screenshot of your issue? Joomla version? CB version? PHP version? More details needed. Please see our FAQ page regarding Help Us Help You below.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/faqs

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #163850 by Taboga
Replied by Taboga on topic Re: Can not view captcha
Maybe I am just unable to view it in the plugin? But it says that the page should look exactly like this.
I would go to the registration page but that is in another thread...Generic registration page link? www.vetsinpain.org/?

I haven't been able to set anything up on the front end because I lost my create an account button on the front page.

PHP Built On Linux gvo239145.gvodatacenter.com 2.6.18-194.17.1.el5PAE #1 SMP Wed Sep 29 13:31:51 EDT 2010 i686
Database Version 5.0.92-community
Database Collation latin1_swedish_ci
PHP Version 5.2.9
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 1.6.3 Stable [ Onward ] 18-Apr-2011 23:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
CB was downloaded yesterday-fresh install so it is the latest version

Attachments:

12 years 11 months ago #163851 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Can not view captcha

I haven't been able to set anything up on the front end because I lost my create an account button on the front page.

Please check within CB configuration on the Registration tab that CB is independent of Joomla and Joomla registration from global configuration has been disabled. Please then check the CB login module to ensure you did not disable the register link.

PHP Version 5.2.9

Please contact your host and confirm if can upgrade to PHP 5.3 then see if CB Captcha is now showing an image. If still not showing an image try setting "Captcha images and sound mode:" within CB Captcha plugin parameters to "Joomla's index.php". If still not working please navigate to CB configuration and on the integration tab disable session checking then once again re-test if captcha image is showing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #163979 by Taboga
Replied by Taboga on topic Re: Can not view captcha
I have a "captcha" account is there a way to add it to my registration page? is there a work around for it?
I do not want to go through the trouble that my host suggested which is below-but I need security for this site-it is a MUST

This is the response I got from my host:The server currently has PHP 5.2.9 installed. To upgrade this to 5.3 would mean server wide change which we are unable to do as this would affect other accounts that are depended on th older version. You can opt in for a dedicated server and then we would be able to update it to the version you have specified, check out the link below

internetmarketingservers.com/

The other option would be to move all your accounts to a server that has already php 5.3 but the migration would cause a downtime of about 48 to 72 hours due to dns propagation delay.

Let us know how to proceed regarding this.

12 years 11 months ago #163993 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Can not view captcha
Please PM me backend access and I will take a look.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn