[SOLVED] CBSubs checkout with Paypal - bypass first page

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #168589 by sozoweb
Hullo,

By default, when customers purchase a subscription (on a CBSubs website) and using Paypal, they are taken to the Paypal page that has "Why use PayPal" text on the left with a link to pay without an account, and a login form on the right. Is it possible to bypass this page and go straight to the "Pay with Credit Card or Log In" page? I've had a look in the CBSubs settings and also in the Paypal settings and can't see an easy way to do this...

Cheerio

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #168635 by krileon
To an extent yes it can be customized. Please review the below regarding custom PayPal payment pages.

www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/mer/cowp_summary-outside

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #168903 by sozoweb
Hmm thanks but I don't think that's what I'm after - I just need to bypass the first page that comes up when someone checks out to Paypal, so that they can put in their credit card details immediately without having to click another link. I've seen other shopping carts do it - just not sure if it's something to be changed inside the Paypal account (can't find anything obvious), or perhaps the particular Paypal URL pointed to by CBSubs...
I've read that deleting browser cookies/cache can do this, but of course that's up to the user to do...

12 years 9 months ago #168915 by beat

sozoweb wrote: Hmm thanks but I don't think that's what I'm after - I just need to bypass the first page that comes up when someone checks out to Paypal, so that they can put in their credit card details immediately without having to click another link. I've seen other shopping carts do it - just not sure if it's something to be changed inside the Paypal account (can't find anything obvious), or perhaps the particular Paypal URL pointed to by CBSubs...
I've read that deleting browser cookies/cache can do this, but of course that's up to the user to do...

I doubt that Paypal's user-interface allows to input directly credit-cards, as that would be against their interest to have people signing-up, and probably against their agreements with credit-cards. However if there is a paypal-documented method to do so, without being a visa/mastercard merchant yourself, I would love to know about it :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 9 months ago #169227 by sozoweb
Here's the difference - currently going to this page:

However it's somehow possible to direct users straight to this page:

12 years 9 months ago #169268 by beat
I understand that you like second page better for newcommers. However, users who never used paypal, aka do not have a paypal login will indeed see it. And users with a paypal login and a registered credit card inside the paypal login won't be able to use that credit card outside the paypal login on their credit-card form as a small added security provided by paypal.

This is explained here:
www.x.com/message/168373#168373
and here:
www.x.com/message/177192#177192

By paypal. It's also explained that there is no way to customize that logical behavior.

In addition, if customizable, it would confuse users with a paypal account if they try to enter their credit-card which is on the account without logging-in that their valid credit-card is refused.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn