[SOLVED] I tried to upgrade Joomla 1.6.3 to 1.7.1 .....

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #179115 by IAAF
via the automated option on the Softaculous panel, I clicked the upgrade link and saw a message to click on the following link and the application would upgrade itself .... but it did not appear to do anything.

Now when I go to front end or back end all I get is the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getCfg() on a non-object in <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>mysite/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.foundation.php on line 3228

I looked at this line in the code and it appears to be a reference about language

$myLanguage = $mainframe->getCfg( 'lang' );

I backed up database and files before I attempted the upgrade, but before I try to go back - thought I would see if anyone has ever seen this happen before?

is this a community builder issue? I was still at 1.2 but was not going to upgrade it until I had upgraded to 1.7.1 Joomla.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #179147 by krileon
CB 1.2 wasn't even compatible with J1.6 so not sure how you managed to get that working. You absolutely must upgrade to CB 1.7.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #179197 by IAAF
Amazingly I was only having problems with using certain CB modules, i.e., cb profile gallery module with the scroller.

Anyway, I've been reading through the install instructions for CB 1.7 and am just so confused. I will need to upload via FTP (I have already increased the size limitation long ago), and install using expert or normal mode? Since I can't get into backend, I'll have to ftp to proper location and do everything at the server level. None of the various ways actually fits my situation though, so I was wondering if I could take advantage of the following documentation mentioned within the install instructions:

You can also read the CB1.7_Installation.pdf document included in the
distribution package or consider supporting CB team as an Advanced or
Professional member to get the full documentation and many more benefits:
www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/add-ons
www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/incubator

I am a professional member so is there any other instructions I can get, with basic guidelines to upgrade from CB 1.2 to CB 1.7 within Joomla 1.7.1? I'm assuming that the JOOMLA upgrade went OK and now the CB version is just not compatible. Can I do this on top of existing CB 1.2? I also have CB Subscriptions. So would have to upgrade Subscriptions in same manner as CB upgrade? Could you possibly mentioned which set of instructions would be best to follow?

thanks - guess I should have tried upgrading cb first :-) can still go there if there is no other way, but would like to try this first.

12 years 7 months ago #179237 by krileon
On any J1.5/J1.6/J1.7 install to upgrade you just install it and it'll perform the upgrade automatically. So simply install over your existing install through Joomla extension manager and it'll upgrade for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #179282 by IAAF
But I can't get to the backend - so can I install by FTPing files to server?

When I try to access the admin panel I get this error message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getCfg() on a non-object in /home/mysite/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.foundation.php on line 3228

12 years 7 months ago #179340 by krileon
You'll need to navigate to your database directly and disable the CBSubs Bot as it's trying to load CB API.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn