Error

Please login first

CB Connect

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #181825 by shoutstream
CB Connect was created by shoutstream
I have implemented CB connect and the Facebook ICON is showing up.

When I click to login it launches a new window and I get an error
"Invalid Argument
Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration."

After I login in using email Password:

I get another error:

"API Error Code: 191
API Error Description: The specified URL is not owned by the application
Error Message: redirect_uri is not owned by the application."

It then logs me into facebook, but in the child window not the parent.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #181866 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB Connect
We also received your private ticket (as a Bronze Professional member).
Feedback posted in ticket and assigned internally for quick resolution.

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #209969 by shoutstream
Replied by shoutstream on topic Re: CB Connect
I have gone through the steps via the built in help, but I do not see the FB icon on the registration page.

Is there something else I need to do?

I do see that I'm getting an error on the tools link
"API failed to initialize; please check Configuration is correct."

But the ID/secret is correct and I have mapped the first name and last name fields.

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #209971 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Connect

Error Message: redirect_uri is not owned by the application."

The error tells you exactly what the problem is. You've configured your application for URL_A, but are viewing it on URL_B. The connect sites are extremely strict with domain matching. www version and non-www version of your site are not the same. Please search for further information as have answered this dozens of times.

"API failed to initialize; please check Configuration is correct."

It's probably showing you this error for a connect site you've yet to configure, but have set as enabled; review the error carefully.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 8 months ago #209987 by shoutstream
Replied by shoutstream on topic Re: CB Connect
Sorry the error was from "Friend Connect" that was enabled with no details.

So I have Facebook configured, no errors, but I do not see login buttons.

I have added "Facebook ID" and "friend_connect_gadget" to my registration form as well.

Any other ideas about how to get this to show up?

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #209991 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Connect
Friend Connect doesn't exist anymore. This implies your release of CB Connect is significantly out of date. Please upgrade to least (3.3.10).

Those fields are not for users to edit or supply. They will not display anything on frontend edit on purpose. They're automatically populated when a user uses a connect site button to login or link.

Login buttons only display in CB Login module. You need to edit your module and enable plugins integrations, is the "Help" section instructed you to do. Also ensure after configuring a connect site that it's enabled within each connect sites application configuration tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds