[SOLVED] Can't edit fields in backend of user profile

12 years 5 months ago #183160 by fribse2011
Replied by fribse2011 on topic Re: Can't edit fields in backend of user profile
It's only in the frontend this is a problem, so everything works in the backend!

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #183161 by krileon
CB has no switch to enable or disable loading of jQuery. You'd have to delete the libraries as you've previously done, but again that's not supported and will probably just break CB again. Not much more I can advise, sorry. It doesn't really matter how many jQuery libraries are loaded as long as they run noConflict properly. I've no experience with plupload so can't advise proper configuration for it. Joomla handles the load order of the header and that's typically due to execution order. So if your extension loads before CB then its library will always be first.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #183180 by fribse2011
Hmm, I still have a problem in understanding why CB HAS to have it's own jquery, and not just rely on a plugin that loads it early on the page.

Furthermore I don't understand that I can remove the loading of the jquery from the frontend-CB, and that doesn't affect the frontend-CB functions, but doing so affects the backend, and it's in the frontend I get problems with the plupload script (www.plupload.com/) that ignite uses.

And if I use a jquery load like jQuery++ Integrator by tushev.org, it solves it in the frontend for plupload (as it's loaded very early on the page), but despite me enabling it in backend also, it doesn't solve the save button not working in backend (it just changes the URL to ...#save when I press a save button).

I'm not a Joomla expert, I'm just a customer who forked out a lot of money on this extension, by far the most expensive for our very small volunteer driven diving club, and I only bought to get problems solved, so I'm getting a bit frustrated as I'm feeling like a ping pong ball.

I wonder if other community components has the same problem?

Best regards
Fribse

12 years 5 months ago #183187 by nant

fribse2011 wrote: Hmm, I still have a problem in understanding why CB HAS to have it's own jquery, and not just rely on a plugin that loads it early on the page.

CB has been using jquery for a long time.
In theory there should not be a problem, but we have never tested this so we cannot really say whats wrong.

If CB frontend and backend work ok on a pure (not hacked) CB installation then something you hacked has broken it.

Furthermore I don't understand that I can remove the loading of the jquery from the frontend-CB, and that doesn't affect the frontend-CB functions, but doing so affects the backend, and it's in the frontend I get problems with the plupload script (www.plupload.com/) that ignite uses.

This might indicate that some extra problem exists and perhaps not directly related to your hack? Does CB backend work ok without your hack?

And if I use a jquery load like jQuery++ Integrator by tushev.org, it solves it in the frontend for plupload (as it's loaded very early on the page), but despite me enabling it in backend also, it doesn't solve the save button not working in backend (it just changes the URL to ...#save when I press a save button).

Means javascript is broken in backend - inspect with firefox error console.

I'm not a Joomla expert, I'm just a customer who forked out a lot of money on this extension, by far the most expensive for our very small volunteer driven diving club, and I only bought to get problems solved, so I'm getting a bit frustrated as I'm feeling like a ping pong ball.

Please understand it is virtually impossible to support hacking and modifications of code.

We are trying to help as much as possible.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #183208 by fribse2011

nant wrote:

fribse2011 wrote: Hmm, I still have a problem in understanding why CB HAS to have it's own jquery, and not just rely on a plugin that loads it early on the page.

CB has been using jquery for a long time.
In theory there should not be a problem, but we have never tested this so we cannot really say whats wrong.

If CB frontend and backend work ok on a pure (not hacked) CB installation then something you hacked has broken it.

The hack you refer to, is just the removal of jquery from CB

This might indicate that some extra problem exists and perhaps not directly related to your hack? Does CB backend work ok without your hack?

Yes, if I don't remove jquery from the js directory under comprofiler, backend works.

Means javascript is broken in backend - inspect with firefox error console.

Ok, now that is good info, I'll do that.

Please understand it is virtually impossible to support hacking and modifications of code.

We are trying to help as much as possible.

I really don't want to hack, I'd rather not actually. But if it's the only way, then that is what is to be done.

Well, I would suggest an enhancement to the CB then, further down on the roadmap, move the jquery OUT of CB, and either make your own plugin for actication of that, or rely on third-party providers.

Ignite Gallery, that uses plupload script, has saved me this morning, they changed the plupload script, so it is now loaded later on the page, and thus it will use the CB jquery for now, so I've removed the jquery integrator, and moved the CB jquery back into the correct dir, and I'm happy.
My users can now upload to a common gallery from the frontend, and that's the main deal.

Best regards
Fribse

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #183255 by krileon

I really don't want to hack, I'd rather not actually. But if it's the only way, then that is what is to be done.

We don't support hacks of any kind.

Well, I would suggest an enhancement to the CB then, further down on the roadmap, move the jquery OUT of CB, and either make your own plugin for actication of that, or rely on third-party providers.

CB already runs in a noConflict state. We can't fix other extensions failing to do so as well. CB 2.0 will better improve the noConflict state, but that still doesn't fix other extensions failing to do the same. CB isn't a small extensions. It's very large and has hundreds of plugins and many of them utilize CBs jQuery library. CBs library only loads when it's actually called so it doesn't load all the time unless something is all the time calling it.

Ignite Gallery, that uses plupload script, has saved me this morning, they changed the plupload script, so it is now loaded later on the page, and thus it will use the CB jquery for now, so I've removed the jquery integrator, and moved the CB jquery back into the correct dir, and I'm happy.
My users can now upload to a common gallery from the frontend, and that's the main deal.

That's great news and glad to see your issue is solved, but I still recommend they implement a noConflict state for loading their jQuery to prevent any other future conflicts. Below is how they would do it for a deep noConflict.
var pljQuery = jQuery.noConflict( true );

There are a couple of different ways to do the above, but it basically pushes the jQuery last loaded into a new namespace making it independant of other jQuery loaded so they can be loaded at the same time and not conflict with one another. With the above you'd just use pljQuery instead of $ or jQuery.

I know from a user standpoint situations like this can be frustrating, but we can't fix 3rd party extensions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn