Extension for Country, State and City

12 years 5 months ago #183347 by AAMASweb
Extension for Country, State and City was created by AAMASweb
We have purchased your JoomlaPolis Professional Membership.

We would like to know if there is any Country/State/City extension available with data populated which we can manage for community users?

Or is there any you can please give reference for which we can use with your extension?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #183379 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Extension for Country, State and City

We would like to know if there is any Country/State/City extension available with data populated which we can manage for community users?

We've no official plugin to provide this.

Or is there any you can please give reference for which we can use with your extension?

Quick search on Joomla.org turns up the following, but says only J1.5 compatible so may or may not be useful for you.

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/community-builder-extensions/community-builder-management/11351

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #183431 by fribse2011
Replied by fribse2011 on topic Re: Extension for Country, State and City
Would it be possible to create this with the query plugin?

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

12 years 5 months ago #183468 by AAMASweb
Replied by AAMASweb on topic Re: Extension for Country, State and City
That is what we have think of finally, I have posted thread because, it will be good to have a inbuilt plugin if any.

Anyways thanks for the information.

12 years 5 months ago #183495 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Extension for Country, State and City
There's a CB plugin that provides this, but I have no idea where to find it. A few users have stated it works fine and is Ajax based so is what you're wanting, but I can't recall what it is. I recommend searching forums or maybe checking 3rd party development forums.

This can be done with CB Conditional, but you'll need a state field for every country and a city field for every state.

It's possible I may explore developing such a plugin, but for now I've too many projects to maintain as is. Once all incubator projects have been upgraded and bug fixed I'll likely take on more projects and have made a note to explore such a fieldtype plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #183607 by w2learn
Replied by w2learn on topic Re: Extension for Country, State and City
I had posted recently about the same feature/extension. I contacted a developer that maintains a similar plugin. He's just updated it to latest Joomla & is working with a "community builder italy" user to adapt it for CB.

Krileon:

Would you be able to work with him and figure out the quickest way to make it available? I can add you to the email thread, if you can send the email addr to use.

Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn