Groupjive and Kunena Integration?

12 years 5 months ago #183987 by scottie33t
Groupjive and Kunena Integration? was created by scottie33t
Hi, I have both a Kunena forum and I'm using Groupjive for groups. The problem, is whenever someone makes a post in a group, it also adds a duplicate post in the main Kunena forum. Is it possible not to post there? I would rather keep my posts within individual groups, inside the groups only and not in my general forum.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #184018 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Groupjive and Kunena Integration?
Duplicate post? GJ doesn't handle the posting; that's all Kunena. If they're in the groups category and make a post in that category it should be in that category only. Could you please better explain how to duplicate the issue? Please also provide Joomla, CB, GJ, and Kunena versions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #184034 by scottie33t
Replied by scottie33t on topic Re: Groupjive and Kunena Integration?
I don't know how to explain it, but basically I have a kunena forum where everyone can post in, and I have another section on my site for Groupjive, however whenever someone makes a post within their group, the post is also shown in the main forum as well.

I'm using all the latest versions of Community Builder, Groupjive, and Kunena (I just installed this software less than a week ago).

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #184066 by krileon
Certainly has nothing to do with CB or GJ as again you're in Kunena and not in CB or GJ and making a post with Kunena. More then likely you're just seeing the Recent Posts tab and it's not duplicating anything. I recommend posting your issue directly to Kunena forums.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #184070 by scottie33t
Replied by scottie33t on topic Re: Groupjive and Kunena Integration?
Hi, I never had this issue with Kunena, until after GroupJive was installed. This is actually a Groupjive issue, as it's not keeping group posts in just their group,, but rather it's being posted in my main forum as well. I'm trying to keep my general forum seperate from my "groups" forum sections, however right now the group posts are automatically posting in the main forum as well. I also don't want Group posts shown in the "Recent Posts" of my main forum as well, as users will try to reply to them via the main forum, versus the groups and it creates a lot of confusion with users. Also, the other problem is anyone can reply to these posts without being part of the groupjive gorup, because they're being posted in the regular main forum. Which setting could be effecting this?

Kunena has worked fine, however GroupJive isn't keeping posts within their specified groups correctly, which is what the GroupJive software is supposed to do, no? This may not be a bug, but perhaps a setting that isn't correct?

12 years 5 months ago #184082 by krileon
Inside of Kunena you need to create a new forum Category, lets call it "Groups". Then in GJ > Config > Integrations > Forum you need to select that category as the parent. It will force all GJ categories and groups to create their forums inside of that category. Once done run GJ Tools so it can change the permissions of that top level category making it secure to GJ.

The posts and categories will only show to those who have access to them. GJ does not make posts. You are making posts in Kunena using Kunena. What Kunena does with those posts is Kunenas doing. GJ does nothing but create the categories, determine read access, and display a list of those posts in the group. It has nothing to do with actually making and storing a post.

Perhaps a screenshot of the issue will better help understand what's happening as I don't see how a forum post is being stored into 2 different Kunena categories at the same exact time and how that has anything to do with GJ.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.402 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn