[#3265] Few questions about CBSUBS 1.3 RC

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #190686 by dotcom22
hello

I just install on my DEV site the last RC version of CB + CBSUBS and upgrade was done without problem...

Few questions about:

1) I get now on the Registration page a error message telling:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>mydev/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.foundation.php on line 167

Any idea why I get this ?

2) You told me several weeks ago, the fact to be able to include "Substitution" inside Plan Description was a feature planned for version 1.3. I tried to test by including [username] in my plan description for see if that work but is not the case. I was logged in when testing so except if I need to make some more thing it seem you finally not included this feature.

Can you confirm please?

3) I see you have enhanced the Offline gateway and this was a feature I waiting for because the story about payment slip was not a process who fit my case. Now all seem to be better and is possible to switch off the popup and customize better this step.

However it seem the the WYSIWYG text area related to Instruction Text AND Custom HTML do not support language translation like DEFINE tag. I tried to include my own instruction like _UE_INTRUCTION_OFFLINE but I get nothing.

Can you confirm please?

I hope you will let us translate this area like is possible to translate anything in CBSUBS otherwise I will be very annoyed here...

I continue my test...

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #190708 by fader8
Replied by fader8 on topic Re: Few questions about CBSUBS 1.3 RC

dotcom22 wrote:
1) I get now on the Registration page a error message telling:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>mydev/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.foundation.php on line 167

Any idea why I get this ?

I'm getting this too, on my home page. Goes away after login. FYI, it appeared after upping to latest CB RC, I haven't installed latest Subs RC, still on 1.2.2.

Joomla 1.5.25, CB 1.8rc2, CBSubs 1.2.2, GroupJive 2.5rc, Kunena 1.7.2, php 5.2.5

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #190734 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Few questions about CBSUBS 1.3 RC

Do you have xdebug installed for your host or is the full callstack provided? That shows where the error is at but not what is causing it. Please also provide Joomla version and exact steps to duplicate so can try and find the cause.

2) You told me several weeks ago, the fact to be able to include "Substitution" inside Plan Description was a feature planned for version 1.3. I tried to test by including [username] in my plan description for see if that work but is not the case. I was logged in when testing so except if I need to make some more thing it seem you finally not included this feature.

Not sure where we told you this was the case, but it's not the case. You can't have substitutions in a description because descriptions are full public and the user viewing is typically not a registered user. If you can provide a URL where we've provided a feature ticket number for this I can scan our forge for it and provide its status.

However it seem the the WYSIWYG text area related to Instruction Text AND Custom HTML do not support language translation like DEFINE tag. I tried to include my own instruction like _UE_INTRUCTION_OFFLINE but I get nothing.

DEFINE language strings are depreciated. We don't use them anymore and they'll be completely removed with future CB releases (CB 2.0 probably). CBSubs doesn't support defines pretty much anywhere. You need to use cbteamplugins method. Example as follows.

'This is my instructions' => 'This is my new instructions'

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #190767 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: Few questions about CBSUBS 1.3 RC

Do you have xdebug installed for your host or is the full callstack provided? That shows where the error is at but not what is causing it. Please also provide Joomla version and exact steps to duplicate so can try and find the cause.

I don't have xedbug installed and don't know what is it. I provided only the error message displayed on the Registration form. I tried to enable Joomla Debug Mode but now I get error 500 when I try to got to Registration form... About Version is:

Joomla 1.5.25 - CB 1.8.0 RC - CBSubs 1.3.0 RC

I don't have a specific step for reproduce this error because I get the error immediately when I go to Registration page. I simply updated CB and now I get this message. With the old version I had no problem...

Not sure where we told you this was the case, but it's not the case. You can't have substitutions in a description because descriptions are full public and the user viewing is typically not a registered user. If you can provide a URL where we've provided a feature ticket number for this I can scan our forge for it and provide its status.

You told me this here:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/154-advanced-members-support/183602-how-to-setup-a-cbsubs-plan-for-domain-name?limit=6&start=6

Substitution will not be displayed for non logged-in user but for other users yes...and is one of my goal. However I would like also display in Plan description some Delimiter Field for non logged-in user... My goal is to be able to show a specific public description and another more advanced description for logged-in user...reason why Substitution will be a must do that...

DEFINE language strings are depreciated. We don't use them anymore and they'll be completely removed with future CB releases (CB 2.0 probably). CBSubs doesn't support defines pretty much anywhere. You need to use cbteamplugins method. Example as follows.

'This is my instructions' => 'This is my new instructions'

Strange because I use DEFINE in some part of CBSUBS without problem... Anyway about language you say you will soon depreciated DEFINE, so that mean:

- All foreign actual language file who are constructed using DEFINE will be soon provided with the same syntax of cbteamplugins method ??

- We must redo all our custom change in our language file ?

- It is possible to use HTML in translation when using cbteamplugins method? With Define is possible...

12 years 2 months ago #190779 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Few questions about CBSUBS 1.3 RC

I don't have a specific step for reproduce this error because I get the error immediately when I go to Registration page. I simply updated CB and now I get this message. With the old version I had no problem...

Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Substitution will not be displayed for non logged-in user but for other users yes...and is one of my goal. However I would like also display in Plan description some Delimiter Field for non logged-in user... My goal is to be able to show a specific public description and another more advanced description for logged-in user...reason why Substitution will be a must do that...

It's still scheduled for CBSubs 1.3.0 as #2296, but it's not implemented yet. Please keep in mind you're using an RC, it's not complete.

Strange because I use DEFINE in some part of CBSUBS without problem... Anyway about language you say you will soon depreciated DEFINE, so that mean:

New features won't support DEFINE usage. Older parts of CBSubs still support them. We're just not implementing DEFINE usage any further.

- All foreign actual language file who are constructed using DEFINE will be soon provided with the same syntax of cbteamplugins method ??

- We must redo all our custom change in our language file ?

With release of CB 2.0; yes to both most likely.

- It is possible to use HTML in translation when using cbteamplugins method? With Define is possible...

Yes, example as follows takes a string with HTML and removes it with its translation. You can do vise verse, etc..

'<strong>My String</strong>' => 'My String'

You can still use _UE_PLANDESC1, but you translate it with cbteamplugins method as follows.

'_UE_PLANDESC1' => 'My description'

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #190790 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: Few questions about CBSUBS 1.3 RC

It's still scheduled for CBSubs 1.3.0 as #2296, but it's not implemented yet. Please keep in mind you're using an RC, it's not complete.

Excellent...great to know you will really implement this feature for this version..

I sent to you a PM with credential..

thank

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn