launguage file mod?

12 years 2 months ago #192486 by jakobe75
launguage file mod? was created by jakobe75
I am using the CB login module.

When the user has no new PM's it reads..."You have no new private messages"

but I would like for it to only read "You have no new messages" due to the width of my module.

I was able to track down the line inside the lang file.

DEFINE('_UE_PM_NO_MESSAGES' , 'You have no new private messages');

but changing it to...
DEFINE('_UE_PM_NO_MESSAGES' , 'You have no new messages');

wrecks the site and produces an error

any suggestions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #192493 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: launguage file mod?

wrecks the site and produces an error

Please be more specific and provide the exact error message. Unfortunately "wrecks the site" isn't very descriptive. ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #192497 by jakobe75
Replied by jakobe75 on topic Re: launguage file mod?
sorry about that

It was producing an error when CB was accessed, went back and doubled checked the modification.

This was the error I get when I remove the word "private"

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/default_language.php on line 999

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/default_language.php on line 999

12 years 2 months ago #192506 by krileon
Did you remove one of the quotes or store it in anything other then UTF8? Looks like a surrounding quote got removed. Below is with the exact original strings changed.

FROM
DEFINE('_UE_PM_NO_MESSAGES'		, 'You have no new private messages');
TO
DEFINE('_UE_PM_NO_MESSAGES'		, 'You have no new messages');

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #192510 by jakobe75
Replied by jakobe75 on topic Re: launguage file mod?
sorry, I did not explain fully,

it does work fine for that particular entry, but removing the word "private" from anywhere else corrupts the page. (such as the two entries above it)

no missing quotes at all.

but not a big deal though.
thanks

12 years 2 months ago #192530 by krileon
It shouldn't corrupt anything as it's just text. Below is the original strings changed.

FROM
DEFINE('_UE_PM_NEW_MESSAGE'		, 'new private message');
DEFINE('_UE_PM_NEW_MESSAGES'	, 'new private messages');
DEFINE('_UE_PM_NO_MESSAGES'		, 'You have no new private messages');

TO
DEFINE('_UE_PM_NEW_MESSAGE'		, 'new message');
DEFINE('_UE_PM_NEW_MESSAGES'	, 'new messages');
DEFINE('_UE_PM_NO_MESSAGES'		, 'You have no new messages');

Can't confirm your issue; removing "private" caused no adverse affects in all my tests.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds