Error

Please login first

Menu links not working

12 years 2 months ago #193438 by jkeywell
Menu links not working was created by jkeywell
I installed CB and created the menu links - only they click to a 404 error. Why wouldn't the menu links be working? Please help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #193439 by bk6366
Replied by bk6366 on topic Re: Menu links not working
Which version of CB / Joomla are you using?
Are you using the default templates?
Have you disabled/unpublished any 3rd party components/mods one-by-one?

bk
---
J1.7.3 / CB 1.7.1 / PHP 5.2.17 (no, not upgrading yet)
Current J/CB Project

'Terse'
Guide to getting answers
Please note that pm's related to CB issues will go unanswered. That's what the forums are for.

12 years 2 months ago #193440 by jkeywell
Replied by jkeywell on topic Re: Menu links not working
Cb 1.8 / joomla 2.5

All I did was install joomla. it worked. Then installed CB. Followed every direction. Created the menu item and it is showing 404 error.

Thank you for your help!

12 years 2 months ago #193442 by jkeywell
It was search engine friendly urls. When I turned them off, it worked.

Can you use SEF urls? Thanks!!

12 years 2 months ago #193444 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Menu links not working
Are you using Joomla SEF or 3rd party SEF extension? SEF works perfectly fine in all my tests. Please supply the URL with and without SEF (remove your domain from the URL to keep private) as it's possible the URL isn't being rewritten properly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #193447 by jkeywell
Hi Kyle! Thank you so much for your help.

without sef:
/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&Itemid=110

with:
/my-profile

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn