[SOLVED] Setting Fields Auto Action

12 years 1 month ago #195444 by buyalong
Re: Setting Fields Auto Action was created by buyalong
I am attaching screen shots of the level access and the auto action config page.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #195441 by buyalong
Replied by buyalong on topic [SOLVED] Setting Fields Auto Action
I read the tutorial on setting up auto actions for user permission based on field input, but it did not give me instructions on how to create a User Type radio button field that will base the permission levels on the radio button selected.
Is there a tutorial on this or can you give me the step-by step?

12 years 1 month ago #195442 by buyalong
Replied by buyalong on topic Re: Setting Fields Auto Action
This is what I am trying to do:

Our Comunity Builder registration form has a mandatory CB radio field named 'User Type' that accepts one of the following three values: Student, Teacher, or Parent.

12 years 1 month ago #195443 by buyalong
When I follow the instructions and register into one of the "auto" groups, it registers the user i the "registered" group. Instead of the group I selected.

12 years 1 month ago #195530 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Setting Fields Auto Action
Does the field cb_usertype exist and does it contain the exact value you're trying to match against? Note multi-select fields store as VALUE1|*|VALUE2|*|etc.. so if it's a multi-select you'll want to use "Does Contain" instead of "Equal To". Aside from that it looks setup correctly. This assumes that field as actually present on registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #195536 by buyalong
Hi Kri,

I changed to "Does Contain" but it still registers as "Registered" instead of group I created.I am attaching the field config. Please check it out for me.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn