What's the advantage of using the CB Forums plugin

12 years 1 month ago #196204 by fribse2011
I'm currently using the Forum Integration plugin to make a connection between my Kunena 1.7.2 and CB, I can see that the CB Forums is now at 2.0.0, what's the advantage of using that instead?

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #196205 by krileon
It has a more attractive tab. There's no basic/beginner mode. Instead it directly synchronizes the data to Kunenas database (configured) allowing Kunena to display the information as it was designed. It also has custom sidebar display via substitutions (like forum integrations advanced mode). It has tabbed display of Posts, Favorites, and Subscriptions. You can manage Category subscriptions in addition to Post Subscriptions. Optional searching and paging as well. You can also exclude forum categories from display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #196274 by fribse2011
Hi Kyle

It looks really advanced, so I'm trying to implement it, if I activate the plugin, the sidebar looks quite odd (I've just copied the sidebar from the standard forum plugin's advanced tab):

Best regards
Fribse

Attachments:

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #196413 by krileon
Looks like an unclosed tag. Ensure you've copied over the source correctly.

[UPDATE]: I see the problem. Will release 2.0.1 here shortly to fix it.

[UPDATE]: 2.0.1 released with issue resolved. You'll need to resupply your sidebar as it was a save issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #196525 by fribse2011
Hi Kyle

That fixed it somewhat, but there's still something wrong.
After updating it, I know get this result:

The first profile is my own, and as you can see the second profile looks really odd, and I don't see any of the +- karmastuff or the other bits and pieces of graphics like in the normal advanced view:

Best regards
Fribse

Attachments:

12 years 1 month ago #196584 by krileon
Thank you for the feedback and testing. Was able to duplicate your issue and have found the cause. I've released 2.0.2 which now resolves it. Please also confirm is resolved for you. Most testing that CB Forums has had in quite some time, much appreciated.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.381 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn