[SOLVED] problem of link in GJ whith cblogin

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #196267 by mfe13
hello,
There is something strange and new with GroupJive!

By testing all the links from my site, I noticed this:
When I'm in a group or on the GJ categories page (and only) and I click on the avatar in the cblogin, the link goes to the GJ categories page and not to the profile!

Same problem after changing the profile frontpage.
After validation, I can not get on the profile page and the link of avatar in cblogin leaves me on the same page!

It works on all my other pages!
thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #196270 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: problem of link in GJ whith cblogin
which versions.
I cannot duplicate, using j 2.5.3. cb 1.8, and gj 2.5.1

12 years 1 month ago #196272 by mfe13
Replied by mfe13 on topic Re: problem of link in GJ whith cblogin
thank you,
I'm using J 2.5.1, cb 1.8 and GJ2.5

12 years 1 month ago #196279 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: problem of link in GJ whith cblogin

geniusyourself wrote: thank you,
I'm using J 2.5.1, cb 1.8 and GJ2.5

Please upgrade to J253 (for security reasons) and GJ 2.5.1 and retest.

12 years 1 month ago #196280 by mfe13
Replied by mfe13 on topic Re: problem of link in GJ whith cblogin
Ok, I have upgraded Joomla and GJ but it's the same problem ...

12 years 1 month ago #196417 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: problem of link in GJ whith cblogin

the link goes to the GJ categories page and not to the profile!

That's because you don't have CB setup properly. You must have a public and published menu link to CBs user profile. CB needs this link to get its Itemid. It's possible if you created it significantly later after setting up GJ it may pull GJs menu link as it contains the first half of the profile link. You may need to re-create your CB menu links ensuring the first link is public, published, and to CBs profile (mandatory).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mfe13

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn