[SOLVED] LDAP integration leaves new accounts pending

12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #196738 by NickC4555
I am using JMapMyLDAP for authentication and single sign on, integrated with Active Directory. All is well without CB, but with it, when a user enters the site for the first time, the account is auto-created in Joomla and CB, but with the status of unconfirmed, pending approval. Admin approval and email confirmation in CB are both set to No.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 weeks ago #196750 by krileon
Known issue fixed for next release. Please see the below bug ticket for pre-patched CB 1.8 file.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3303

Please note we only support Joomla LDAP. We can't guarantee 3rd party LDAP authentication plugins will function with CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 weeks ago #196765 by NickC4555
Replied by NickC4555 on topic Re: LDAP integration leaves new accounts pending
Then it seems I'm screwed! I'm using single sign on, so users are automatically logged in based their AD credentials, it doesn't use a login module at all. I shall have to figure out how to use Auto Actions or some custom code to do it.

Thanks for your help.

Nick

12 years 3 weeks ago #196776 by krileon
Did you even try the pre-patched CB 1.8? It may work just fine. I simply stated 3rd party isn't supported (not tested). If your authentication plugin is done properly and fires appropriate triggers then it should work fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 weeks ago #196781 by NickC4555
Replied by NickC4555 on topic Re: LDAP integration leaves new accounts pending
Yes, I installed the patched file, but it still does the same thing. It appears to be logged in until you try to view the profile, then it errors.

12 years 3 weeks ago #196790 by krileon
Seams like your authentication plugin isn't properly written then. If it were using APIs properly CB would be informed of the registration/login and auto approve/confirm the user. I recommend testing with Joomla LDAP to see if working.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn