Community Builder back-end Blank Page

12 years 1 month ago #196988 by sbartrum
Community Builder back-end Blank Page was created by sbartrum
As requested, via Ticket 414783...
We are running Joomla 1.6, and had CB 1.7
Just completed an upgrade of CB to 1.8
Now getting bank-page, on back-end when clicking a User via CB User Manager, or via CB Configuration. All other CB Menu items work.
Joomla was installed cleanly, v1.6 about 3-months ago.
CB is an upgrade from 1.7
Joomla debugging IS turned ON, but nothing shows when we get black-page.
Apache error logs shows:
[notice] child pid 1632 exit signal Segmentation fault (11), possible coredump in /etc/httpd/logs
I turned CoreDump on, in httpd.conf
However, to-date, no Core Dump has been created.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #197024 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Community Builder back-end Blank Page
Please see our FAQ below for blank page debugging.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/faq

There's really no way to fix it without first knowing what's going on. Ensure debug mode is enabled and error reporting is set to maximum within Joomla global configuration (both required). Once done attempt to view backend and see if there are any on-screen errors. If not then please check your server error log.

I also recommend upgrading from J1.6 as it's quite out of date and depending on version extremely buggy. At the very least I recommend upgrading to J1.7, but J2.5 is preferred.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #197102 by sbartrum
Replied by sbartrum on topic Re: Community Builder back-end Blank Page
Problem is, the site debugging is ON, the PHP Error reporting is on MAX.
BUT, due to the abrupt EXIT from PHP due to the Segmentation fault, none of the above debug information is output anywhere.
Still no core dump.
What else can I do, to trace the fault?

12 years 1 month ago #197130 by nant

sbartrum wrote: Problem is, the site debugging is ON, the PHP Error reporting is on MAX.
BUT, due to the abrupt EXIT from PHP due to the Segmentation fault, none of the above debug information is output anywhere.
Still no core dump.
What else can I do, to trace the fault?

Suggest that you upgrade to Joomla 1.7 or 2.5 as Joomla 1.6 has always been problematic and is no longer supported. Not sure it will fix your issue, but you should do this anyway and then retest.

12 years 1 month ago #197136 by sbartrum
Replied by sbartrum on topic Re: Community Builder back-end Blank Page
Thanks Nick. This has been suggested a few times now.
It just worries me, how much damage upgrading the core software could cause.
Any suggestions or reassurances?

12 years 1 month ago #197148 by nant

sbartrum wrote: Thanks Nick. This has been suggested a few times now.
It just worries me, how much damage upgrading the core software could cause.
Any suggestions or reassurances?

I cannot really promise you that things will go well.

You need to backup first as always.

Fact is that Joomla 1.6 has always had issues and I am glad its no longer supported.

You need to move on to Joomla 1.7 or 2.5 asap.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn