[SOLVED] cb connect issue

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #203498 by Guardian1
[SOLVED] cb connect issue was created by Guardian1
best start a new topic this is to do with cb connect ratyher than fields

So I had the individual facebook and twitter connect plugins ?

I just changed over to using the multi plugin where you can add widgets etc, like facebook feeds and twitter updates and so on?

On the old plugins it was all working fine and Ive simpk,y carried over the same ids and keys !

now Im using joomla 1.5.25 with cb 1.8.1 and CB Connect plugin version 3.3.4

But on twitter login I get "this email is already registered" and on the facebook login I get "You cannot create a user with this User Group Level. Only Super Administrators have this ability."

so all was well on CB Twitter Connect Package v.1.4

CB Facebook Connect package v. 1.9

using identical ids and credentials on CB Connect plugin version 3.3.4 I have these errors , I can't figure out

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #203506 by Guardian1
Replied by Guardian1 on topic Re: cb connect issue
I think Ive sorted that one out now although not sure what "You cannot create a user with this User Group Level. Only Super Administrators have this ability." is

anyway, what Im looking for is a way to put a facebook or twitter tab into a module position

Or maybe to put latest activity onto the "CB ProfileBook (Latest Entries) Module 1.2"

so it feeds from the facebook and twitter activity as well as the "book-wall and blog" tabs ?

11 years 10 months ago #203539 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: cb connect issue
Facebook or Twitter tab? You've added fields for them you mean? You can use substitutions to render those fields in the CB Content Module. You can't merge the results in ProfileBooks module. Please see below regarding substitution usage information.

www.allmysocials.com/directory/tutorials/item/233-substitution-usage

Regarding the errors it seams like some sort of strange permissions issue going on. Can't say for sure as I don't test J1.5 anymore as it's EOL (end of life as of April) and recommend upgrading to J2.5 as soon as possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #203567 by Guardian1
upgrade 2.5 ? mmm does that mean we loose software and wotnot ?

11 years 10 months ago #203572 by Guardian1
right thats great so what code would I put in the cb content for the facebook user activity feed ?

It would probably take me weeks to figure out ,

11 years 10 months ago #203602 by Guardian1
ahaaaaa I have done it...wonders never cease

Final question

Can I use more than one instance of the cb content module ?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn