Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Userlist search working wierdly

• abrbhat
  • abrbhat
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #204038 by abrbhat
When I am using the search function in a userlist, it is correctly showing the number of users but they are not appearing in the list.(see listproblem.png)
How can I resolve this?
I am also attaching a picture of configuration of the list.(listconfig 1 & 2)
Surprisingly, it searches correctly when I search through a text field, but the problem occurs when I search through the checkbox(Even other checkboxes in other lists are having the same problem)
I am also a attaching a picture of total list for your reference.(totallist.png)
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 10 months ago #204092 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Userlist search working wierdly
What 2 users should it be showing (try searching in backend)? Do you have CB Privacy installed? Did they set those fields to be private?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• abrbhat
  • abrbhat
11 years 10 months ago #204098 by abrbhat
Replied by abrbhat on topic Re: Userlist search working wierdly
The privacy plugin is disabled,
The two users it should be showing are Jade Fashions and Tinnu ki dukaan
Search is working fine in backend

You can also this odd behaviour in this list:
www.dekhoshop.com/index.php/View-users-list/Jaipur-Shops.html
The checkbox field is not being searched correctly.

• abrbhat
  • abrbhat
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #204531 by abrbhat
Need your Urgent Attention please:
I had restored an old backup which did not have this problem and had resumed my work on it but now the search again seems to have broken down...
have a look at dekhoshop.com/index.php/View-users-list.html
now check the category column: the list contains of two users:
1.The Book Shop with category Books,Movies and Stationery
2.Nordstrom with category Men's Apparels and Women's Apparels
Now when using search if
1.Men's Apparels, Women's Apparels,Food are selected, it shows correct results
BUT if Books,Movies and Stationery or Sports & Hobbies are selected then the checkbox gets removed and the whole list turns up???!!
Please check and help me resolve it...I really badly want it fixed up fast...and if it keeps on breaking down like this then it would become very difficult for me...thnx..
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by abrbhat.

• abrbhat
  • abrbhat
11 years 10 months ago #204533 by abrbhat
hufff...finally found out the issue...when the checkbox value contains an '&' character,the search breaks down and the complete list gets shown...perhaps some need for robustness here...

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 10 months ago #204580 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Userlist search working wierdly
Why does it contain a &? It does escaping so that shouldn't be an issue. Your screenshot did not portray this in the slightest as it simply stated "Verified". Please provide the exact string that was causing problems so can test and debug further locally.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon