Error

Please login first

Putting CB pieces together for over all site goal

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #204121 by jabrister
www.referencesrus.com

1. I would like to have introductory content on the landing page. Presently, there is just a login area and HOME at the top. I want to make it very similar to how the MyCommunity template is in the demo. Do I need to add articles, categories, and other Joomla content to the front page? Is there some place on the web (a picture book would sure be nice) that can guide me to making it look like the demo? Can I load up dummy content from somewhere that makes it look like the demo? Can I add other CB content to the front page (like limited forum and PMS access, random U2 profile or pic, Latest Members)? If so, how?

2. I would like to have a community with 2 main types of users (U1, U2). The users will have be redirected to different home pages once logged in. How do I direct post login to get the respective users to the right page? What's a good recommendation for a component('s) that might do this?

3. How do I let a non-registered U1 on the landing page and a registered user once logged in, search for (with a specified set of criteria) & view the results (of the specified parameters) of only U2 profiles (e.g. geographical radius from them, a red dot on a map, select profile description elements, ...)? Like, what components should I bring together and how do I configure them (or at least, what components might I use?).

4. What's a good component to allow users to have pics/videos (or links to videos that play on the site) on their profiles that can be submitted for public view or just submitted from one user to the other (e.g. U1 or U2)? I am now using Kunena, but it doesn't seem to have a per user section for the videos, files, and pictures ect... that can be shared. It just has groups that can be setup and joined or not joined by other members. It does have an "invite" feature, but I'm not sure how to get that to work to allow the invites to only go to the U2's (and besides, it's public groups anyway).

-Thank you-

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #204190 by krileon

1. I would like to have introductory content on the landing page. Presently, there is just a login area and HOME at the top. I want to make it very similar to how the MyCommunity template is in the demo. Do I need to add articles, categories, and other Joomla content to the front page? Is there some place on the web (a picture book would sure be nice) that can guide me to making it look like the demo? Can I load up dummy content from somewhere that makes it look like the demo? Can I add other CB content to the front page (like limited forum and PMS access, random U2 profile or pic, Latest Members)? If so, how?

Landing page? A page directly after login? This can be done by configuring the login redirect within the CB Login module.

2. I would like to have a community with 2 main types of users (U1, U2). The users will have be redirected to different home pages once logged in. How do I direct post login to get the respective users to the right page? What's a good recommendation for a component('s) that might do this?

You can use CB Auto Actions with a Redirect action on the after login trigger. Then in your conditions check what type of user they are (maybe it's a field?) and redirect accordingly.

3. How do I let a non-registered U1 on the landing page and a registered user once logged in, search for (with a specified set of criteria) & view the results (of the specified parameters) of only U2 profiles (e.g. geographical radius from them, a red dot on a map, select profile description elements, ...)? Like, what components should I bring together and how do I configure them (or at least, what components might I use?).

Sorry, I don't understand the question. Please clarify.

4. What's a good component to allow users to have pics/videos (or links to videos that play on the site) on their profiles that can be submitted for public view or just submitted from one user to the other (e.g. U1 or U2)? I am now using Kunena, but it doesn't seem to have a per user section for the videos, files, and pictures ect... that can be shared. It just has groups that can be setup and joined or not joined by other members. It does have an "invite" feature, but I'm not sure how to get that to work to allow the invites to only go to the U2's (and besides, it's public groups anyway).

CB ProfileGallery will allow users to have their own personal image gallery on profile. We don't have a video plugin. You may want to use a full fledged video gallery extension for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #204232 by jabrister
You can use CB Auto Actions with a Redirect action on the after login trigger. Then in your conditions check what type of user they are (maybe it's a field?) and redirect accordingly.
What should I put for the conditional?

Redirect Action
How do I direct user1 to one page and user2 to a different page (more importantly, what if I have several user types)?

Will the user (1 or 2) be brought to a page that they are logged into community builder with their specified parameters?

What is the Exclude area for in the Auto Action control panel?

Sorry, I don't understand the question. Please clarify.

Oh no, I apologize for the unstructured rambling. This should clear up what I am looking for:
Non registered User1 is at the initial site front end home page. He wants to search for a certain type of User2 and have the results displayed right there to choose from and select to find out more about the chosen User2 profile. Registered User1 logs in and is brought to his logged in home page. He too wants to search for certain types of User2's and have the results summarized for him on the page. Since User1 is registered, he has the option of storing his search, choosing from the results, and storing the User2 profiles he likes the most as favorites (as a list or something similar). How may I accomplish that?

11 years 10 months ago #204273 by krileon

What should I put for the conditional?

It's substitution based so the below example is possible usage.

Single Checkbox Field Checked:
[cb_checkbox] Equal To 1

Multicheckbox Field Checked
[cb_multicheckbox] Contains 123

How do I direct user1 to one page and user2 to a different page (more importantly, what if I have several user types)?

Create a redirect action for user1 with a condition determining that they are user1 (maybe it's a field? maybe it's [usertype]? I don't know how you setup your site). Then repeat the same for other user types.

Will the user (1 or 2) be brought to a page that they are logged into community builder with their specified parameters?

I don't understand the question. If you're using the after login trigger then yes they'll be logged in.

What is the Exclude area for in the Auto Action control panel?

You supply a comma separated list of userids to exclude from auto actions.

Oh no, I apologize for the unstructured rambling. This should clear up what I am looking for:
Non registered User1 is at the initial site front end home page. He wants to search for a certain type of User2 and have the results displayed right there to choose from and select to find out more about the chosen User2 profile. Registered User1 logs in and is brought to his logged in home page. He too wants to search for certain types of User2's and have the results summarized for him on the page. Since User1 is registered, he has the option of storing his search, choosing from the results, and storing the User2 profiles he likes the most as favorites (as a list or something similar). How may I accomplish that?

Best I can suggest is use Connections (see CB > Configuration > Connections) without mutual consent. Aside from that there's no favorites feature. This would allow them to establish a connection with another user and be seen on their Connections tab on profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #204397 by jabrister
How do I use the list in "list of types to allow your users to further categorize their connections" on the CB configuration manager?

11 years 10 months ago #204402 by krileon
Don't understand what you're asking. You want a condition based off a users connection type to the user? You can't do this as that's not a field. I suppose you can try using CB Query Field or something to obtain what type they are then use that query field in your condition.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn