[SOLVED] Strange Values added when field created

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #204142 by Freshpage
I purchased CB a few weeks ago and have successfully created quite a large registration form.

However, yesterday I suddenly started getting a serious problem. When I create a new field, and set its type to anything which allows entering 'values', the following values automatically appear:

I have tried reinstalling CB but still get the problem. Could someone please help me to diagnose and fix this problem?

I can't think of anything that may have caused it. The only 2 things I did prior to seeing the bug where

1) Tried to install CB Subs using the 'from directory' method, and got an error message (can't remember the exact message)

2) I deleted a radio button field.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #204178 by krileon
That looks like CB Privacy parameter values. Did you apply a CB Privacy patch or something? Please ensure you're using CB 1.8.1. If not please upgrade. Once done download latest CB Privacy and install it over your existing CB Privacy.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #204203 by Freshpage
Replied by Freshpage on topic Re: Strange Values added when a field is created
Hi, thanks for your response.

I do have CB privacy installed.

I have CB 1.8.1 and reinstalled the CB privacy plugin but am still getting the problem. I also tried disabling the CB privacy addon but that didn't help either.

11 years 10 months ago #204211 by krileon
Strange, please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #204298 by krileon
Ah, looks like in _comprofiler_field_values there are values stored for the field id 0 (a new field before it saves). That's the only thing I can think of that'd do this. Seams really odd. I can take a look if you PM phpmyadmin login credentials or you're welcome to check yourself.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

11 years 10 months ago #204299 by Freshpage
Replied by Freshpage on topic Re: Strange Values added when a field is created
OK thanks very much! I don't actually have the cpanel/phpmyadmin details myself at the moment, so I will get them then take a look and report back.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn