Contentbot fields and Tab

11 years 10 months ago #204336 by dotcom22
Contentbot fields and Tab was created by dotcom22
hello

I would like use joomla articles a bit like listing and attribute those article to some user and display inside some data coming from their profile using Contenbot.

I take a look to your Allmysocial substitution usage but is not always clear for me how to use it. For example if I create as Super Admin an article called TEST and I put inside this code:

{cb:[cb:usertab tab="48" user="44" /]}

..the content tab number 48 of the user 44 will be displayed in my TEST article.

Now instead to create all my articles and to always setup the right user ID for all substitution, I wondering if I can attribute the ownership of article to desired user and use another kind of substitution for auto-detect the article owner and then display the right content of his own profile. Like that I will be able to simply make a copy of article without need to setup always substitution.

Now I don't know if I can assign article to simple Registered user or if users must be obligatory Author.

Do you see what I mean ?

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #204349 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Contentbot fields and Tab
Assuming you're using the latest you can set who the default user is. By default user is equal to the user viewing the article and not the author of the article. You can change this within the following settings.

J1.5:
Extensions > Plugin Manager > "Content - Community Builder" and set "User" to "Author"

J2.5:
Extensions > Plug-in Manager > "Content - Community Builder" and set "User" to "Author"

After the above change you can use the following and it'll display the authors content.

{cb:[cb:usertab tab="48" /]}

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #204357 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: Contentbot fields and Tab
excellent this work well.. :silly: However the only bad point is about tab formatting. I created a custom Tab and put inside some text field. Instead to have all field aligned vertically one by one (like in CBprofile), I get all value side by side horizontally without field title:

For example in profile I get this:

Adresse: Oxford street 34
City: Chicago

..and in my article I get this:

Oxford street 34Chicago

is not possible to render and format the content Tab in the same way like is it in profile?

11 years 10 months ago #204384 by krileon
That's because CBs template CSS doesn't load. You can configure CB Content Bot to load CSS in the CSS textarea, but that could get heavy so you may just want to add enough CSS to style the field display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago #210895 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: Contentbot fields and Tab

krileon wrote: Assuming you're using the latest you can set who the default user is. By default user is equal to the user viewing the article and not the author of the article. You can change this within the following settings.

J1.5:
Extensions > Plugin Manager > "Content - Community Builder" and set "User" to "Author"

J2.5:
Extensions > Plug-in Manager > "Content - Community Builder" and set "User" to "Author"

After the above change you can use the following and it'll display the authors content.

{cb:[cb:usertab tab="48" /]}

Sorry I re-open this topic because I wondering if is possible to display Userprofile data in own Author article BUT without the need to login. My goal would be to display data to Public and not only to Registered.

It must be possible but it seem I miss something here...

thank

11 years 7 months ago #210929 by krileon
Yes, setting the default user for substitutions to author you can display information from the author of the article in the article. This assumes the user viewing the article actually has access to that information. For example if a tab is Registered access only then Public won't see it. It's not possible to display your own profile data to your self while not logged it, as Joomla/CB has no idea who you are at that point.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn