Double Forum Tabs in profile

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #205367 by whitetigeritaly
Double Forum Tabs in profile was created by whitetigeritaly
In CB there are two plugins related to the Forum engine.
  • Forum Integration. This is mandatory to activate syncro with Kunena.
  • CB Forums. This offers more options.
If I enable both I see two tabs, The "Forum" and the "Forums".
If I disable the plugin "Forum Integration" I've not the sync with Kunena.

What I must do?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #205379 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Double Forum Tabs in profile
You should only use 1. Why can't you sync to Kunena with CB Forums? Navigate to CB Forums > Configuration > Models > Version > Profile and you can synchronize data across. It'll actually push the values to Kunenas database however allowing Kunena to display the information as it normally would.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: whitetigeritaly

11 years 9 months ago #205522 by whitetigeritaly
Replied by whitetigeritaly on topic Re: Double Forum Tabs in profile

krileon wrote: You should only use 1. Why can't you sync to Kunena with CB Forums? Navigate to CB Forums > Configuration > Models > Version > Profile and you can synchronize data across. It'll actually push the values to Kunenas database however allowing Kunena to display the information as it normally would.

Evidently I've done some confusion because now I disable Forum Integration and I see again my Kunena post in tab "Forums".
Take a little of patience. :blush:

However also with the plugin "Forum Integration" disabled the tab "Forum" is always visible and in this there is the signature. To disable it, first I tried to move the field "forumsignature" to tab "Forums", but this is not listed in the combo field "Tab".
Tab "Forums" is visible only in Tab Manager.

11 years 9 months ago #205560 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Double Forum Tabs in profile
The forums tab from CB Forums isn't capable of holding fields. You can disable the Forum integration and it should also hide its tab. If you want to use both at the same time (some like to use Forum integration for its fields) you need to edit Forum integration, set it to Kunena, then set sidebar to "Basic". Once done edit the Forum integrations tab and move it to a not shown on profile position so you still have its fields in profile edit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: whitetigeritaly

11 years 9 months ago #206730 by whitetigeritaly
Now I try.
Meanwhile, thanks

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #207018 by whitetigeritaly

krileon wrote: The forums tab from CB Forums isn't capable of holding fields. You can disable the Forum integration and it should also hide its tab. If you want to use both at the same time (some like to use Forum integration for its fields) you need to edit Forum integration, set it to Kunena, then set sidebar to "Basic". Once done edit the Forum integrations tab and move it to a not shown on profile position so you still have its fields in profile edit.

Maybe I am stupid, but in my website the things work in different mode.

In the Forum tab (of CB Forum Integration) the field "Number of posts to display" seems not working correctly (I tried with value 0)
However, if I move the tab in "not displayed on profile 1", then I don't see the fields about signature, preferred view type, etc.
I must create a new tab and move these fields in this tab. It is more simple if in the original Forum tab I can disable the posts, or tho bring the same functions also in the CB Forums plugin.

I have create in CB all the fields for every fields in Kunena (FB, Digg, Linkedin, birthdate, etc.)
All the fields are syncro with the fields in CB Forums (Kunena 2.0).

With the plugin Forum Integration disabled:
- If I modify the values in the Kunena, these are not reported in the CB profile.
- if I modify the values in CB, these are reported in the Kunena profile.

The problem is that in Kunena there is a button to modify the profile, but in the Kunena form, not in CB. Only when I saved the form, Kunena skips in the CB user profile.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.319 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn