Move Translate list to center of module

11 years 9 months ago #206843 by joanie57
Move Translate list to center of module was created by joanie57
Does anyone know how to move the CB Google Translate plugin dropdown list to the center of the module? It seems to be right-aligned, and looks like it is cut off. I'm new to CSS coding, and I'm just not sure where this setting is located. Here's a screenshot:

Thanks for any help!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #206851 by thiagocs
Replied by thiagocs on topic Re: Move Translate list to center of module
In this plugin u can congigure the position in settings, tab MODE
There u will find this options: Layout location, Automatic, Inline, Tabbed, etc...

11 years 9 months ago #206852 by joanie57
Replied by joanie57 on topic Re: Move Translate list to center of module
Thank you, but it's still too far to the right of the module no matter which way I try it. This is the inline display, which is what I want, not tabbed or automatic. It's just sitting too far to the right of the login module.

Also, it seems that it only translates the home page. Isn't there a way to get the code on pages other than the page where the login module is?

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #206894 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Move Translate list to center of module
The module is styled by your Joomla template. Switching to default Joomla template and it'll probably display fine. Otherwise use inspect the page (press F12) with Chrome or Firebug for Firefox and see what CSS is causing the centering. Not much more I can suggest without a URL to the issue.

Isn't there a way to get the code on pages other than the page where the login module is?

No, you'll need to have the module present on all pages. That's where it renders the translation selector.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joanie57

11 years 9 months ago #206896 by joanie57
Replied by joanie57 on topic Re: Move Translate list to center of module
Thank you, krileon. I'll try Firebug and see what it says.

How do I get the translator to work on other Joomla pages (the ones that contain regular Joomla content articles)? I have the code from Google to paste into the page (I assume it goes in the index.php file, and it says "Place this meta tag before the closing </head> " ) but I'm just not sure. Will it work if I put it in the site's main index.php file? This is all very confusing to me. I can live without being able to translate the Kunena forum, the CB member list, the GeoFactory map, etc., but I really need to have that translate button on all the Joomla content on the site, not just the home page.

Anyway, thanks for your help and the information. :)

11 years 9 months ago #206904 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Move Translate list to center of module
The plugin only works on pages where the login module is present. If you don't want that then find a different translate plugin at Joomla.org that displays on all pages or is a module that only shows translator.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joanie57

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn