CB JUICE2 export into columns?

11 years 8 months ago #208149 by domesticmanagers
CB JUICE2 export into columns? was created by domesticmanagers
Hello,

Sorry up front if this is in a forum already somewhere, but I can't find an answer. I want to export my users to a spreadsheet that is already formatted into columns with my user fields. I'm saving as a csv right now but all of the fields are smashed together on one column.

Is there a way with cb juice to have it format my fields into separate columns and rows?

I'm hoping to cut down my time to separate my users into spreadsheets by state...

Thanks,
Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #208157 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB JUICE2 export into columns?

domesticmanagers wrote: Hello,

Sorry up front if this is in a forum already somewhere, but I can't find an answer. I want to export my users to a spreadsheet that is already formatted into columns with my user fields. I'm saving as a csv right now but all of the fields are smashed together on one column.

Is there a way with cb juice to have it format my fields into separate columns and rows?

I'm hoping to cut down my time to separate my users into spreadsheets by state...

Thanks,
Mike

Sounds more like an excel question - you need to use the excel import functionality and specify the delimiter to use.

11 years 8 months ago #208256 by domesticmanagers
Replied by domesticmanagers on topic Re: CB JUICE2 export into columns?
Thanks for the fast reply!
I'm actually trying to export, not import... It actually needs to be exported in a csv with "tabs" or column separations. I know in the past I've exported my database of users into a csv and then opened in excel and there are separate columns for username, name, email, etc...
I just can't remember how to do it, does this make sense?

11 years 8 months ago #208257 by domesticmanagers
Replied by domesticmanagers on topic Re: CB JUICE2 export into columns?
Hi Nant,
Thanks for the hint, it reminded me of how I did in the past! After clicking "save users" it downloads a csv txt file. Once it downloads open it in Excel and then select column "A" then DATA > TEXT to COLUMNS > DELIMITED > COMMA
It is then in a really messy excel spreadsheet but one you can enjoy sorting for hours much easier!
Regards,
Mike

11 years 8 months ago #208282 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB JUICE2 export into columns?
If all you need to do is export then maybe use phpmyadmin and export directly from database as CSV.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 8 months ago #209606 by dlshelby
Replied by dlshelby on topic Re: CB JUICE2 export into columns?
I actually have a client who has this same need. Her site has both CB and CBSubs and she needs to be able to generate an export based on active memberships status with mailing addresses stored in CB. She is NOT technical so using phpmyadmin is not an option. This feature is needed on a regular basis so I'm hoping there is a way to generate this export via the joomla site.

thanks
Deb

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn