[SOLVED] Link field values in list/profile to articles

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #209077 by Dorkyme
Hi!

Using CB 1.8.1 and all the latest plugins.
Joomla 2.5.6

We have a normal user list powered by CBSubs that works fine, but we have a question regarding links in this list.
Is it possible to make the value of the fields (see attached picture) link to articles with the exact same name, instead of linking to user profile?

Regards,
Thomas
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #209096 by krileon
What type of field is that? If you use a delimiter field you could add whatever HTML and substitutions you want and display it on the userlist.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 8 months ago #209120 by Dorkyme
It is a Drop Down (multi-select) field.
Users must have an option to choose several values eg. massage, healing...

I do not think this is possible with a delimiter field?

11 years 8 months ago #209126 by krileon
It's possible, but it's going to be annoying to setup depending on how many values you have. Example as follows.
[cb:if cb_dropdown!=""]
<ul>
[cb:if cb_dropdown includes "VALUE1"]<li><a href="URL1">VALUE1</a></li>[/cb:if]
[cb:if cb_dropdown includes "VALUE2"]<li><a href="URL2">VALUE2</a></li>[/cb:if]
[cb:if cb_dropdown includes "VALUE3"]<li><a href="URL3">VALUE3</a></li>[/cb:if]
[cb:if cb_dropdown includes "VALUE4"]<li><a href="URL4">VALUE4</a></li>[/cb:if]
[cb:if cb_dropdown includes "VALUE4"]<li><a href="URL5">VALUE5</a></li>[/cb:if]
</ul>
[/cb:if]

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 8 months ago #209147 by Dorkyme
Ok, interesting. Nothing shows up in my list though. Code as follows:

[cb:if cb_dropdown!="Name of dropdownfield with treatment-methods"]
<ul>
[cb:if cb_dropdown includes "method1"]
<li><a href="treatment/method1">method1</a></li>
[/cb:if] [cb:if cb_dropdown includes "method2"]
<li><a href="treatment/method2">method2</a></li>
[/cb:if] [cb:if cb_dropdown includes "method3"]
<li><a href="treatment/method3">method3</a></li>
[/cb:if] [cb:if cb_dropdown includes "method4"]
<li><a href="treatment/method4">method4</a></li>
[/cb:if] [cb:if cb_dropdown includes "method5"]
<li><a href="treatment/method5">method5</a></li>
</ul>

Regards,
Thomas

11 years 8 months ago #209201 by krileon

[cb:if cb_dropdown!="Name of dropdownfield with treatment-methods"]

Nothing should be in the quotations. Please see my original code. This is to ensure the field actually has a value before attempting to display. You also didn't change "cb_dropdown" unless your field is actually named this.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.137 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn