[SOLVED] Kunena Forum Integration with - Group Jive

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #209567 by junglebhoy
Hi new to CB, looks good although i think its going to be a huge learning curve.

I installed the CB pro package and have the following problems.

Kunena Forum Integration – Public cannot view group forums
I created a test user, invited to join group, access denied you do not have permission to access this page.

What permissions need to be set to allow the public to view all forums, but not allowed to post unless a member of that group?

Why is that a member of a group does not have permission to view the group forum that the user is part of? is that not automatic?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I'm using Kunena 2.0.2 & CB 1.8.1

Thanks

JB

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #209569 by krileon
Public can't view the group forums in Kunena. They can only see a preview within the tab. To view the forums they need to join the group. Please ensure you're using GJ 2.5.3.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago #209575 by junglebhoy
Replied by junglebhoy on topic Re: Kunena Forum Integration with - Group Jive
Thanks for the reply,

Okay, i can confirm i am using GJ 2.5.3

I now realise that the groups are only available to registered users, any reason why a member of a group would not be given access to the forum?

Thanks

JB

11 years 7 months ago #209580 by krileon

any reason why a member of a group would not be given access to the forum?

Kunena cache failed to update. Logout and login or leave and join the group again should refresh it. Could also be some sort of permissions issue with the forum category it self. Can they see the menu link on the group pane?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago #209585 by junglebhoy
Replied by junglebhoy on topic Re: Kunena Forum Integration with - Group Jive
Logout and back out failed to cure the problem.

Leaving the group and re joining failed as well.

I can see the menu link on the group pane

I cannot see the category or the groups in Kunena if i access the forum directly, if i access via the group forum button in the Group Menu it takes me to the correct page but gives the access denied message.

Any ideas?

11 years 7 months ago #209592 by krileon
Ensure Community Builder plugin within Kunena is enabled. Navigate to CB > Components > Kunena Forum > Kunena Plugins and set "Kunena - Community Builder Integration" as enabled.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn