[SOLVED] Subscription will not be created

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #210563 by startercoach
[SOLVED] Subscription will not be created was created by startercoach
I'm in the middle of trying to move my site to a new domain, redoing all of my membership criteria and upgrading all components as well. Was startersport.com. Now will become mvpcoaches.com.

Primary issue is simple. Subscriptions refuse to be created.

Here is my current install info
Joomla 2.5.7
CB 1.8.1
CB Subs 2.0.2
Subs Plugins include Auto Actions (currently disabled), Conditional, Password Strength, Country & State fields, Captcha, and Verify Email

I have 3 main constituents that will be subscribing. Group A, B, and C. Group A and B both have 3 subscription choices (Free, Monthly, Annual). Group C has 2 choices (Monthly, Annual. A total of 8 subscription plans. All plans are top level, exclusive and mandatory.

The workflow I have been pulling my hair out trying to configure is the following. Top of the registration form is a single drop down selection field to designate whether user will be Group A, B, or C. Conditional plugin is being used to reveal/hide other required registration fields pertaining to respective groups. No problems. CB Subs-Workflow for each of the 8 plans is configured to only show plans at registration based on drop down group selection. Again, no problems. All that seems to work fine. You can see it for yourself at mvpcoaches.com. Registration seems to work too, only no subscription is being created, despite having chosen a valid published and group-specific plan during registration.

After registering, back end shows new user disabled, unconfirmed, no subscription.
After confirmation, back end shows new user enabled, confirmed, no subscription.
After attempting to log in, user sees message "A membership is needed for access". Back end shows user confirmed but now disabled, still no subscription.

My thought is this has something to do with either a stupid oversight on my part, or the Conditional plugin. I've seen lots of issues using conditional in the forum. I can give you admin access if you want to look at this closer. Otherwise, any easy fixes you can offer are welcome!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #210646 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Subscription will not be created
How are you paying for subscriptions? Dummy gateway? Offline gateway? It's important to know the gateway because if using PayPal for example you'll need to reconfigure the account as the domain has changed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago #210664 by startercoach
Replied by startercoach on topic Re: Subscription will not be created
The problem is with creating subscriptions at all, free or pay, using a customized registration workflow and the conditional plugin. Registration happens fine. No subscription happens. I've already moved to the new domain, removed the license from the old and placed it on the new.

Authorize.net is my new gateway. I went this way since I needed auto-recurring. But that shouldn't matter right now for free subscriptions, should it? Or will free subscriptions use the dummy gateway if authorize.net had not yet been live? And no dummy means no subscription?

11 years 7 months ago #210668 by krileon
Free subscriptions use no gateway. Are they free lifetime or free with a duration? Do the paid plans function (test with dummy gateway)?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago #210676 by startercoach
Replied by startercoach on topic Re: Subscription will not be created
Free lifetime - no change when dummy gateway added back in.

Tried dummy gateway with paid sub, reg screen just hangs when dummy credit card is chosen and submitted.

11 years 7 months ago #210750 by krileon
Sounds like possible SSL issue, but this shouldn't affect free plans. Please navigate to CBSubs > Settings > Credit-cards and disable HTTPS usage on credit card forms then re-try the dummy gateway purchase to see if it'll go through.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn