[SOLVED] plug_cbreconfirmemail-200 - translation problems

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #211736 by erichburkhard
Hi - I downloaded the latest version of the above mentioned cb plugin and added translation strings into the corresponding language files (cbteamplugins_language.php) in the german and english folders. This technique worked well for most of the language strings but not for all of them. The following 2 strings appear ALWAYS in english independent of the language of the confirmation email itself (the confirmation email itself will be sent in the correct language)

"New email address confirmed successfully!" ........appears always in english if I click for the first time onto the confirmation link

"Email address has already been confirmed." ........appears always in english if I click for the second time onto the confirmation link

...I have the following setup: Joomla 2.5.7 / CB 1.8.1

Has anybody a hint for me ? :unsure:

regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #211809 by krileon
Below are the language strings used by CB Reconfirm Email. You'll need to add them to your cbteamplugins language file and translate as needed.

'Confirm code missing.' => 'Confirm code missing.',
'User not associated with confirm code.' => 'User not associated with confirm code.',
'Confirm code is not valid.' => 'Confirm code is not valid.',
'New email address confirmed successfully!' => 'New email address confirmed successfully!',
'Failed to confirm new email address! Error: [error]' => 'Failed to confirm new email address! Error: [error]',
'Email address has already been confirmed.' => 'Email address has already been confirmed.',
'Your email address has changed' => 'Your email address has changed'

Note the new email address confirmation message is also a parameter so if you change it from default you'll need to translate whatever you changed it to in cbteamplugins as well.

Also if the user is logged out it'll use the default language of your site and not the language of the user, because they're not logged in and it doesn't know what language they've selected.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 6 months ago #212172 by erichburkhard
Replied by erichburkhard on topic Re: plug_cbreconfirmemail-200 - translation problems
Hi Kyle, I tried to do what you suggested ...but unfortunately it didn't work. I did the following: I added to the 'cbteamplugins_language.php' files also the following 2 lines (below only the german example):

'New email address confirmed successfully!' => 'Die neue E-Mail Adressse wurde erfolgreich geändert.',
'Email address has already been confirmed.' => 'Ihre E-Mail Adresse wurde bereits geändert.',

...then I logged into the system changed the site language to german and then changed the email......I got the following (correct) german confirmation email:

******************* the confirmation mail *******************************

Die mit Ihrem Profil smartsailor verwendete E-Mail Adresse wurde zu eric.burkhard@gmx.net verändert, weshalb eine Bestätigung erforderlich ist.

Sie können die neue E-Mail Adresse bestätigen, inden Sie auf den folgenden Link klicken:
web180.login-94.hoststar.ch/joomla/idp_production16/index.php/de/cb-menu/pluginclass?plugin=cbreconfirmemail&confirmcode=reg7caae1cc58ad8462be8e22c3b90f6e3f0f2a4a22

Wenn Sie Ihre E-Mail Adresse nicht verändert haben, dann ignorieren Sie diese E-Mail oder kontaktieren Sie den Administrator.

ANMERKUNG: Das ist eine automatisch generierte Nachricht von International Dating Portal (web180.login-94.hoststar.ch/joomla/idp_production16).

********************************************************************************

...everything seems to be ok....but if I click on the confirmation link I get the english version of the 'New email address confirmed successfully!'...the same happens if I click for a second time on this link.....the following reply comes: 'Email address has already been confirmed.

...and this happend independent wether the user remains logged in or out....
...I don't understand why this does not work...if you have a look into the link you see the '/de' .....so the system should know that it has to display the german phrase and not the english one :blink:

11 years 6 months ago #212179 by krileon
Are you logged in when clicking the confirmation link? If you're not logged in it'll use the default language (usually English). Please ensure you added the translations to the correct language plugin as well; they should be added to your German language plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 6 months ago #212223 by erichburkhard
Replied by erichburkhard on topic Re: plug_cbreconfirmemail-200 - translation problems
Hi Kyle:
- I am logged in when clicking the confirmation link
- I added the correct translantion strings to the correct ge / en files (cbteamplugins_language.php) as below...

Here what I added in the german cbteamplugins_language.php file:

'New email address confirmed successfully!' => 'Die neue E-Mail Adressse wurde erfolgreich geändert.',
'Email address has already been confirmed.' => 'Ihre E-Mail Adresse wurde bereits geändert.',

...BUT it does not work....these 2 language strings will never be translated into german. They always appear in English (remark: the remaining strings will be translated correctly into german)

regards :(

11 years 6 months ago #212324 by krileon
Ah, I see the problem. Plugin isn't loading language plugins on its component page. Perform the below edit to fix this and it should work (fixed for next release).

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbreconfirmemail/cbreconfirmemail.php
ON: Line 11
ADD:
cbimport( 'language.cbteamplugins' );

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.301 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn