[SOLVED] Register from a third party software ?

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #213578 by dotcom22
hello

I wondering if is possible to register new users using a third party software because I need to bridge this software (who have his own users management system) with Joomla. I would like disallow users of my Joomla site to publicly register trough normal CB registration form but to allow some specific users of the third party software to do. I suppose and hope this can be done using your API ?

In fact actually developers of this software allow already to integrate/bridge their stuff (a calendar software) inside Joomla, but users creation process must be done from Joomla. Then under some conditions (those conditions are the problem for me), users newly created can be auto-created inside the third party software. My goal would be to do the opposite, that mean create users from the third party software and then create the same users account inside CB/Joomla.

Then for keep sync all data, I imagine is possible to use Auto-Action for update users data (when they make change on their profile) from Joomla to Software but this require to use the API provided by developers of third party software. I already asked to them and this is possible to do with some custom development on their side... Now I need to know how to sync data from Software to Joomla/CB.

Any clue please ? Thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #213586 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Register from a third party software ?
It's possible to register a user through CB API, yes; please see the below tutorial on how to do so.

www.allmysocials.com/directory/tutorials/item/237-create-users-through-api

The software would need to include and prepare Joomla then include and prepare CB then use CB API to register the user or prepare an existing user object and simply update it, which can be done with the below API.

www.allmysocials.com/directory/tutorials/item/232-establishing-user-object

From CB to your software synchronization is possible with CB Auto Actions. This could be a Request action, Code action, or Query action as needed after registration/profile update/login/etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 6 months ago #213645 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: Register from a third party software ?
Great news :woohoo:

Thank for all infos... I will see with software developers how to handle the case.

cheers

11 years 6 months ago #213715 by dotcom22
Please a last thing because I have a doubt:

Using API like explained can be done also if the software is not hosted on the same server than my Joomla ?? Because this will be the case for my project... If yes what about security or other possible problem ?

thank

11 years 5 months ago #213733 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Register from a third party software ?

Using API like explained can be done also if the software is not hosted on the same server than my Joomla ??

Nope, for that you'd need to implement a RESTful API to Joomla so you can send a URL to register a user. I believe Joomla calls these RPC plugins or something of the sort. JED may have something like this already development, but chances are very high that you'll need to develop it your self.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #214771 by dotcom22
Ok thank for infos...

Finally I don't know if really need to create user from my third party software. However what I would more need is to update some CB user field when a specific event occur in the third party software.

My goal would be to maintain equal a value inside a specific field present in both CB and third party software. That mean when the field is updated in one site, the change must be done also on the other site. From CB to Software this is possible using Auto-Action. But from Software to CB ? Here also I need to use RPC ?

If yes I found about that this article .

It seem with J 2.5 no more plugin is needed...but I'm not a coder so for what I understand is possible to create some additional CB controller files for allow interaction with CB ?

Any clue ?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn