Profile Display for Different User Groups

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #214680 by cberry1971
Profile Display for Different User Groups was created by cberry1971
I have two user groups: Athletes and Affiliates

Affiliates create events and Athletes compete in them.

Can I customize the profile display for different user groups? I would like the athlete profile to display differently than the affiliate.

Example Athlete: Screenshot 1 and here:
games.crossfit.com/athlete/12485

Example Affiliate: Screenshot 2 and here:
games.crossfit.com/affiliate/2605

Ideally I would like to show the Athlete members under the Affiliate profile much like the "Example Affiliate"
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #214685 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Profile Display for Different User Groups
Best approach is to use CB Conditional to conditionally display fields/tabs based off other fields values. You'd have a field that determines if the user is an athlete or an affiliate. You could then set entire tabs to hide for affiliates for example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 5 months ago #214688 by cberry1971
Replied by cberry1971 on topic Re: Profile Display for Different User Groups
OK Great. I thought that was only for registration based on the video here:

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-conditional-short-review

I will play with it and see if I can get the profiles to display differently as well.

What about having the "Athletes" who are connected to a "Affiliate" to display under the Affiliate profile?

Possible? Thanks again.

11 years 5 months ago #214693 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Profile Display for Different User Groups

What about having the "Athletes" who are connected to a "Affiliate" to display under the Affiliate profile?

I guess the best way to do this is use CB Connections to connect the users together, but use CB Conditional to hide the connections tab and features from Atheletes. You'd disable mutual connections and such so affiliates can connect to whoever as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cberry1971

11 years 5 months ago #214694 by cberry1971
This is working like a charm..

One other point. Can I change the user profile Page Title based on Conditionals?

Right now I have:

[cb_usertype] Profile: [name] - [cb_affiliatename]

Which displays either:

Athlete Profile: Foo Bar - Test Gym
Affiliate Profile: John Doe - Test Gym

I would rather have:

Athlete Profile: Foo Bar
Affiliate Profile: Test Gym
Attachments:

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #214696 by cberry1971
new screen shot showing the current regex conditional. It still is not working but at least I am matching it to the returned query values in second screen shot
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn