CB Birthday for Community Builder

2 years 3 weeks ago #328782 by kletterdorf
CB Birthday for Community Builder was created by kletterdorf
We have been using this CB module to display the users' birthdays on our starting page.
To support data privavcy users can decide who can actually see their respective birth date.
We are using CB Privacy, and the respective field cb_geburtsdatum is part of ourregistration process.
During registration, and later using the profile edit, users can select who can see this info (user only, connections, connections of connections)

At the moment (as soon as activate the module) all birthdays of all users are displayed, ignoring the set privacy level.

What do I have to do, so that the module only shows birthdays of users that have agreed that I can see them?
I understand that superusers have the privilege to see all data, however this also affects my testuser (who has standard user privileges)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 3 weeks ago #328793 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Birthday for Community Builder
What CB Module are you using to display that? We don't have a birthday specific module. Privacy is only respected for HTML field renders. This means [FIELD_NAME] substitutions will ignore privacy checks if you're rendering this with a substitution so you'll need to change that to [cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /] if you want privacy respected.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 months 3 weeks ago #333387 by kletterdorf
Replied by kletterdorf on topic CB Birthday for Community Builder
Sorry, I forgot to respond.
For some reason in the table comprofiler_plugin_privacy the values that the users have on their profile are not updated
For example a user creates the profile with the default value for the birthday which is 2 - only connections are allowed to see
Not for the users who have done that this value is stored in the table.
I have just checked two profiles with the birtday selected to be shared with connections only

For example user 5287 - the value displayed in the profile is not what we have on database

I am not sure what happened there
Just doublechecked with a fresh registration from today - there the database and the values displayed match and are correct

Do you have an idea how to fix this?

Attachments:

11 months 3 weeks ago - 11 months 3 weeks ago #333395 by krileon
This topic is a year old. You never answered my original question regarding how you're displaying the birthdays to begin with, which is really all that matters. CB Privacy doesn't protect raw value access. So if you're using substitutions for example and are using [FIELD_NAME] it won't protect it, but it will with [cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /] as explained above.

Don't worry about storage behavior. As long as it's showing the correct privacy rule in profile edit it's working as expected.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 months 3 weeks ago #333400 by kletterdorf
Replied by kletterdorf on topic CB Birthday for Community Builder
It is not a standard module, and displaying the birthdays is working fine. The problem is that there are database entries missing. So for these users cb assumes a default value which is displayed in the user profile. As this value is not stored in the db our script shows birthdays while the user profile says something else.
My assumption is that privacy was installed after some users were already registered. So for those old users the db values are missing. Is this a valid assumption?

11 months 3 weeks ago #333401 by krileon
Users birthday displaying despite having privacy set is not a storage problem in CB Privacy. It's a problem in your birthday module not using the correct API.

Default privacy value doesn't store. It doesn't need to. It knows what its default is when it applies privacy checks.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn