CB Article comments

1 year 10 months ago #329750 by draccus
CB Article comments was created by draccus
So question, I have read most of the forums on this topic but cannot still get comments to work after creating an article. Is there some special trick to get this to work or is it a known bug for Joomla 4. I have auto actions, activity, and cb articles all published and public like some of the other questions have said to get this feature to work, but it still does not work. Again is there some trick or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 10 months ago #329754 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Article comments
All you need for article commenting is CB Activity. Once installed edit its Joomla content plugin in Extensions > Plugins. Set it published and under the Comments tab enable comments. Comments are only displayed when directly viewing an article. They will not render in featured or blog list views unless you adjust the context parameters under Comments and Likes tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 10 months ago #329755 by draccus
Replied by draccus on topic CB Article comments
Ok, thank you I was apparently missing that one part. Second question is there a way for comments to be enabled for users that are not logged in? I am assuming that would just be a guest account.

Thanks in advance. by the way

1 year 10 months ago #329757 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Article comments
Currently at this time no you cannot have anonymous/guest comments. CB Activity 6.0.0, which is currently in development, will support anonymous/guest commenting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 10 months ago #329758 by draccus
Replied by draccus on topic CB Article comments
Great! look forward to the update!! thanks again

1 year 6 months ago #331253 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic CB Article comments
great thread, this is a wonderful feature!... I have never worked with Joomla contexts before. What would be the context to add for including category blog menu items?

Own Your Own Community!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds