Field label question...

1 year 7 months ago #330733 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic Field label question...
You mean this can do the trick? Tried it but probably  have missed something... can you please check?

Global
Triggers: onStartSaveUserRegistration
Type: Code
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Action
Method: PHP
Code:

$variables->set( 'name', '[cb_companyname]' );

Parameters
References: Variable 1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 7 months ago #330734 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Field label question...
Your code isn't correct for setting the variable. Please check the example topics provided in my previous reply. [cb_companyname] probably won't work here as the user object is completely empty at this point of the registration and you'll probably need to get it directly from POST as [post_cb_companyname].

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 7 months ago #330743 by liaskas
Thank you for your kind help  Krileon but as i mentioned before, i am not a programmer!

I checked the example topics you kindly provided, but if i understand them correct, none is for populating a field with the value from another field. Can you please post an example code about this?

Thank you in advance!

1 year 7 months ago #330751 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Field label question...

Krileon but as i mentioned before, i am not a programmer!

Then you may need to consider hiring one. We do not provide coding assistance outside of our newly released business membership. You can find details regarding this new membership below. Its price is considerably higher to meet the needs of those needing coding assistance.

www.joomlapolis.com/business-membership
www.joomlapolis.com/memberships

So I cannot help you any further with your custom coding needs without a business membership. I'm sorry, but we're having to be more strict about this. Previously we would just eat this cost ourselves with several customers memberships operating at a loss, but we can't anymore in this economy.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #330753 by liaskas
Thank you Krileon...
i have submitted the request for the business membership.

1 year 6 months ago #330851 by liaskas
Please consider this topic as closed.

Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.028 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn