CB Not allowing registration

1 year 3 months ago #332058 by ialearn
CB Not allowing registration was created by ialearn
Hi
I need some assistance I have now installed CB on my site to replace easyprofiles.
I have checked both CB and Joomla are set to allow registrations .
I can create a profile via the back-end, but if you try registering a profile on the front end of the website is simply does nothing.

What am I doing wrong?
What settings all need to be set to allow registrations?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 3 months ago #332064 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Not allowing registration

I can create a profile via the back-end, but if you try registering a profile on the front end of the website is simply does nothing.

What do you mean by it does nothing? The form isn't visible? Clicking the button to submit the form doesn't do anything? The form submits and you get an empty page? The form submits and you're sent back to registration? Please be specific.

What settings all need to be set to allow registrations?

Turn off Joomla registration in Users > Manage > Options then in CB > Configuration > Registration set "Allow User Registration" to "Yes, Independent of CMS "allow registration"" is the safest setting. That should be all that's necessary unless you configured core fields in CB > Field Management to not display on registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 3 months ago #332066 by ialearn
Replied by ialearn on topic CB Not allowing registration

Turn off Joomla registration in Users > Manage > Options then in CB > Configuration > Registration set "Allow User Registration" to "Yes, Independent of CMS "allow registration"" is the safest setting. That should be all that's necessary unless you configured core fields in CB > Field Management to not display on registration.

I have made the changes you recommended but nothing much has changed see image below of fields I have displaying on registration

What do you mean by it does nothing? The form isn't visible? Clicking the button to submit the form doesn't do anything? The form submits and you get an empty page? The form submits and you're sent back to registration? Please be specific.

When I say nothing, it is not completely nothing, what it is doing is when you click submit it says loading and then goes to the login page, what it does not do is it does not create a user account at all, it does not give any kind of error message, it does not send a registration email.
Attachments:

1 year 3 months ago #332067 by krileon
Ok, it's probably going to the login page due to a Joomla menu item mix up. Do you have a public and published Joomla menu item for your CB profile page and CB registration page? Both should've been created on first install of CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 3 months ago #332069 by ialearn
Replied by ialearn on topic CB Not allowing registration

Ok, it's probably going to the login page due to a Joomla menu item mix up. Do you have a public and published Joomla menu item for your CB profile page and CB registration page? Both should've been created on first install of CB.

The registration page was was set to user the default Joomla page, I have changed this but it has not made any difference.

1 year 3 months ago #332070 by krileon
It's not going to make a difference. Your issue is with your menu items. The registration form is submitting with an Itemid in the URL matching your login page OR the Itemid it is using isn't accessible to the public. This causes Joomla to send them somewhere they shouldn't be going. Disable Joomla SEO, try to register, and provide the URL beginning with index.php that it's sending you to. You should see Itemid in the URL. That's your Joomla menu id that it's using. Next find what menu item that id is associated with.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn