Can't send private message

1 year 2 months ago #332784 by peterb2
Can't send private message was created by peterb2
I can connect to another user and gt to Home->CB Private Messages, select the desired connection, but can not put any text in the empty message box, so send fails.
If I go to Connect users, Home->CB Profile->Toby -Messages and try to send her a message, -> Send Private Message, I get the same result, I can not put any text in the message box.

In general, I have not found any way to communicate with a connected user,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #332794 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can't send private message
Within CB > Plugin Management > Private Message System > Parameters > Internal > Create what is "Editor" set to? If using a WYSIWYG editor it's probably your editor that's broken. Try switching it to Plain Text and see if that works.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 2 months ago #332810 by peterb2
Replied by peterb2 on topic Can't send private message
I was running on Joomla 4. I switched to Joomla 3 and now everything works

1 year 2 months ago #332811 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can't send private message
Private messaging should work perfectly fine on Joomla 4. I do not recommend starting a new site on Joomla 3 as it's an out of date release of Joomla.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn