SOLVED: GJ: Make edit "CB GroupJive About" more logical and visible?

1 year 2 days ago - 1 year 2 days ago #333287 by NFA
Hi,

A lot of users don't use the "CB GroupJive About" option in their groups (see also your demo.cbdemosites.com site). Most of them just don't find this option, as it is a bit hidden in the little toggle menu on their group page while all other plugin tabs have nice green buttons to change their content.

Is there a way to make the "CB GroupJive About" option more visible/logical? For example:

1. On Group Edit also show the possibility to change the content of the CB GroupJive About tab of that group. Maybe by adding this plugin HTML field on the bottom of the change group form (maybe in a module-position)?

If that is not possible, then:

2. Can we show a green edit button in the CB GroupJive About tab like there are shown on all other GJ plugins? Something like:

If that is also not possible

3. If 1 and 2 are not possible, it would be nice if the toggle menu uses a different language string (than ABOUT_8f7f4c) so we at least can change the toggle menu item to something like "Edit About info tab" which will trigger users more than just "About".  

4. Another way would be if it was possible to create a Joomla - CB/GJ menu item for editing the "CB GroupJive About" content of the about tabs from the user owned groups, but I think that will be difficult as some users have multiple groups.

I hope you understand our problem. We really have a lot of experience users on our CB GJ sites that still doesn't know about or how to use the "CB GroupJive About" tab in their groups.

Hope you can help ;-)

With thanks in advance,
Noa
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 1 day ago #333296 by krileon
I've implemented #2 in latest GJ About integration. The tab is always visible now if you've edit permissions and will render an Edit About button directly in the tab in addition to the menu option.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NFA

1 year 1 day ago #333309 by NFA
Thank you so much x 10000! We just tested this new version, and it works very well. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn