PayPal paid on subscription renewal, but subscription not renewed

3 months 2 weeks ago #336496 by petekuhn
We see these occasionally, and we usually wipe out useful diagnostics by manually renewing the subscription.
This time I did a dump of the site before doing anything and cloning it to a test site. So any diagnostics are available, if useful.

PayPal reported the transaction went through without problems. I see a basket for the user with status Not Initiated. I see a Store Payment Basket in the history logs at the same time and nothing else.

I can PM you credentials to log in, if that helps.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 months 2 weeks ago #336497 by krileon
That usually means the IPN failed to reach your site. Within your PayPal account check the IPN history. You should be able to reach the page with the below URL.

www.paypal.com/merchantnotification/ipn/history

It should tell you if an IPN failed and with what status code. Sometimes this can happen if you for example are updating your site right as an IPN comes through. PayPal should retry a few times though. You can also force a retry.

Please also be sure IPNs are even enabled and configured correctly on the below page.

www.paypal.com/merchantnotification/ipn/preference

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 2 weeks ago #336499 by petekuhn
IPN log looks good, only one attempt. Respnse code 200, Delivery status Sent, No. of retries 0, IPN Type Transaction made

3 months 2 weeks ago - 3 months 2 weeks ago #336505 by krileon
Was this IPN logged in CBSubs > Notifications? If not try forcing that notification to retry. I don't recall how detailed their notification history is, but it should show what URL it ended up landing on.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 2 weeks ago #336519 by petekuhn
The notification was not logged in CBSubs. Do you want me to PM you the PayPal notification?

3 months 2 weeks ago #336522 by krileon
Then it never reached CBSubs if it didn't log. Are you able to force the notification to resend from PayPal?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn