Unable to delete users since CB and plugins upgraded

3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #336730 by dirtydavid
Hi
We have got all the latest versions installed of CB and plugins.
We are now unable to delete multiple users through CB user management, now they have to be deleted individually.
We get the error message:

An error has occurred.

0 Call to undefined method CB\Plugin\Activity\Trigger\UserTrigger::delete()

We have also noticed that comments can no longer be pinned in site activity or on wall posts, is this an omission or an option that has been withdrawn for some reason?
David

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #336732 by dirtydavid
There seems to be a lot of issues with the CB Activity stream.
If several users like or comment on a post the whole post is repeated for each like or comment.
Comments and likes cannot be added except by a person who is "connected" or of a higher Joomla group.
The share button cannot be turned off - ours is a closed group and no contents are shared outside the group.
Is there a way to downgrade to the previous working version until the bugs are fixed?
Our users are getting frustrated that they cannot use the activity stream properly anymore.
The back end for CB Activity is now very complicated and confusing.

3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #336735 by krileon

We are now unable to delete multiple users through CB user management, now they have to be deleted individually.

This is now fixed in latest CB Activity build release.

We have also noticed that comments can no longer be pinned in site activity or on wall posts, is this an omission or an option that has been withdrawn for some reason?

Pinned posts functionality was removed. This was announced several times in blog, news, and forum posts. It will be returning in a future release once it has been redone. It was completely destroying query performance and wasn't very functional in its current state since it wasn't stream specific.

If several users like or comment on a post the whole post is repeated for each like or comment.

Turn off those activities in CB Activity > Parameters > Activity if you don't want them. Sounds like you have Activity > Comment and Activity > Like activity logging enabled.

Comments and likes cannot be added except by a person who is "connected" or of a higher Joomla group.

Edit your activity streams and turn off likes connected check. This is default enabled for profile activity. Edit the activity comments stream and turn off the connected check. Now users can like and comment on profile posts as they please.

The share button cannot be turned off - ours is a closed group and no contents are shared outside the group.

It absolutely can be turned off. Simply edit your streams in CB Activity > Streams > Activity and turn it off for whatever streams you don't want it on. Will review adding a global parameter to turn it off globally in a future release to make things easier.

Is there a way to downgrade to the previous working version until the bugs are fixed?

We do not support downgrades. You should be keeping backups. Never update live sites without first testing on a copy of your site. The only bug you're experiencing is user delete bug, which is now fixed.

The backend was significantly simplified. Instead of parameters being spread everywhere streams are managed from a single location from the CB Activity > Streams > Activity and CB Activity > Streams > Comments pages. Activity logging and Notification logging are built in and configured in CB Activity > Parameters.

A lot has changed with CB Activity 6.0.0. I recommend subscribing to our newsletter if you have not done so already. As we always send one out for major releases. I also regularly post blogs about upcoming releases. Below is the CB Activity 6.0.0 blog post.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/19036-cb-activity-6-0-0

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dirtydavid

3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #336739 by dirtydavid

This is now fixed in latest CB Activity build release.

OK. Thanks, when will that be available for download? I have 6.0.1 installed which is showing as current.
I now see there was a different date on the version 6.0.1 - downloaded and tested and working.

Pinned posts functionality was removed. This was announced several times in blog, news, and forum posts. It will be returning in a future release once it has been redone. It was completely destroying query performance and wasn't very functional in its current state since it wasn't stream specific.

Ok, We will have to find another way of keeping people updated.

Turn off those activities in CB Activity > Parameters > Activity if you don't want them. Sounds like you have Activity > Comment and Activity > Like activity logging enabled.

I think it is off, see cb-activity.jpg

Edit your activity streams and turn off likes connected check. This is default enabled for profile activity. Edit the activity comments stream and turn off the connected check. Now users can like and comment on profile posts as they please.

This is turned off, but still only connected people can like or comment. See screenshot connected-activity-off.jpg

It absolutely can be turned off. Simply edit your streams in CB Activity > Streams > Activity and turn it off for whatever streams you don't want it on. Will review adding a global parameter to turn it off globally in a future release to make things easier.

All the "Share By Social" options have been removed, however the share button still appears on every post. See cb-share.jpg

We do not support downgrades. You should be keeping backups. Never update live sites without first testing on a copy of your site. The only bug you're experiencing is user delete bug, which is now fixed.

I understand this, on my off line system everything seemed to work, but my user profile was an administrator. It was when I went live and registered users tried liking and commenting that we ran into the problems.

The backend was significantly simplified. Instead of parameters being spread everywhere streams are managed from a single location from the CB Activity > Streams > Activity and CB Activity > Streams > Comments pages. Activity logging and Notification logging are built in and configured in CB Activity > Parameters.

Sorry, I was speaking out of frustration after spending a day and a half trying to get the likes and comments working cleanly, and failing. I am sure I will eventually get it to work.

A lot has changed with CB Activity 6.0.0. I recommend subscribing to our newsletter if you have not done so already. As we always send one out for major releases. I also regularly post blogs about upcoming releases. Below is the CB Activity 6.0.0 blog post.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/19036-cb-activity-6-0-0

Attachments:

3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #336745 by krileon

I think it is off, see cb-activity.jpg

You have comment activity enabled globally. So anytime someone makes a comment anywhere or likes a comment it's going to generate activity. See the "Comments" section under CB Activity > Parameters > Activity. Please read parameter descriptions carefully as it tells you exactly what triggers that activity.

This is turned off, but still only connected people can like or comment. See screenshot connected-activity-off.jpg

You're misunderstanding that page. Please read the page carefully. That page directly tells you at the top it's for toggling activity logging. You need to edit your activity streams. Either use the CB Admin Menu option CB Activity > Streams > Activity or click the "Activity Streams" button in CB > Plugin Management in the CB Activity plugin row. That's where all activity streams are managed from. There's a same page for Comment Streams as well.

All the "Share By Social" options have been removed, however the share button still appears on every post. See cb-share.jpg

Those are limited global stream parameters. There's no parameter at this time to turn sharing off globally. I've added a feature request for that. You need to edit the individual streams.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 3 weeks ago #337027 by dirtydavid
Well I am still going in circles with the Activity Streams.
I have been trying to resolve the problems for more than 2 weeks.
I have even had a friend who is a IT University tutor try to solve the problems.

We cannot make the activity stream just show an activity once.
Whenever someone comments on, or gives a comment or activity a like, the whole activity is posted to the stream, leaving the original comment in the stream as well.
This makes the activity stream very repetitive, and in the case of an image or gallery of images, the whole stream is the same images reposted dozens of times for each like or comment.

The old system you had worked perfectly.
A post was created - it was at the top.
If earlier post was liked or commented on, it was moved to the top, not copied to the top.

We have turned off all the streams except Profile activity and Module 137, but the stream is still showing the same multiple copies of an activity for each like and each comment.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn