[SOLVED] How to add User ID into a CB field?

14 years 5 months ago #116912 by anniejackson
[SOLVED] How to add User ID into a CB field? was created by anniejackson
Hi, I am using Phpbb on my site for PMs. I need to add a field to the CB profile which is just a link to the Phpbb private message page.

The url is very simple:

domain.com/forum/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=USERID#

The problem I am having is I don't know how to call the userid number in CB.

I also do not know how to get this onto the profile (though I know a core hack of the files could get it where I wanted it would be better to add it as a field).

Can anyone help me? I'm sure there are a LOT of webmasters who would love to know as there are a ton of us using Jfusion to bridge Phpbb.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/11/16 21:30

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #116977 by krileon
Add the link using a delimiter field then use [user_id] to add the users id.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #116997 by anniejackson
Replied by anniejackson on topic Re:How do I call the UserID number in a CB field?
whoa! I didn't know that was possible. Thank you SO much for your quick reply!

14 years 3 weeks ago #130564 by adita
Replied by adita on topic How to add User ID into a CB field?
I do not understand even if it seams simple. I also need for the users to see their IDs in profiles.
But I cannot figure out how to publish it in the list or profile.

I tried to add a field "user_id" but it isn't allowed.

Post edited by: adita, at: 2010/04/19 02:53

got it!!!!!
I created a new field/fields delimiter in CB, I chose the location and title I needed and entered [user_id] in description. Thanks, man!!!

Post edited by: adita, at: 2010/04/19 03:04
Now how do I make it searchable?

Post edited by: adita, at: 2010/04/19 03:10

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn