Uninstall issues

14 years 3 months ago #122989 by crashtackle
Uninstall issues was created by crashtackle
Hello,

I have attempted to uninstall CB from my site, I have followed suggestions listed in the forum - removed Com's and mod's and dropped the tables in the database.

Now when trying to login I keep getting a '404 - Component not found' error. Can anyone shed a some light on this issue?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #123000 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Uninstall issues
You need to remove the CB Login module and switch back to Joomla login module....

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 months ago #123011 by crashtackle
Replied by crashtackle on topic Re:Uninstall issues
Yup, I did that. But still get the errors...

14 years 1 month ago #130123 by crashtackle
I am still getting these errors...

If I use any other login module other then CB I get errors..

I have tried the native Joomla Login, Virtuemart Login and Alpharegistration all of them generate a 404...

If I turn CB Login back on and use it, it works fine.

I really do not need CB on my site and would love to uninstall it, I have followed the uninstall process over and over again and it keeps giving the same errors...

Seriously I am begging here... PLEASE, PLEASE help!

14 years 1 month ago #130146 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Uninstall issues
Don't know what to tell you. Uninstallation is straight forward. You uninstall it the same way you uninstall anything else. Just because your other modules do not work and CBs does it does not mean it's due to CB. It means something else on your site is probably broken. CB is built with stability in mind and most errors that WOULD occur are fixed internally by CB.

You probably need to disable ALL SEF and Caching as well as purge all Cache and see if resolved. A 404 provides no details; see your error log to see what is really happening.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/04/13 19:24

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #130201 by crashtackle
BINGO!!!!

Problem came from a residual uninstall of the com - auser ... there is a plugin which fails to uninstall when uninstalling auser...

This plugin creates 404 when using the standard joomla login, but does not generate the 404 when using CB.

SO, only when uninstalling CB was the erro uncovered... even though the auser uninstall was done months prior.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds